Recording interface for $300

kingrobra

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2006
Waterloo
www.soundclick.com
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is planning to buy a recording interface for his laptop. He's willing to spend up to $400, but preferably around $300. What would you guys recommend? Presonus Firebox? Mbox 2 Mini? Something else? Has anyone heard about about the Lexicon Lamda or Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1?

Hey guys,

A friend of mine is planning to buy a recording interface for his laptop. He's willing to spend up to $400, but preferably around $300. What would you guys recommend? Presonus Firebox? Mbox 2 Mini? Something else? Has anyone heard about about the Lexicon Lamda or Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1?

Not heard anything about the Lexicon, or the NI. Depends if he want's to run PT or not, how many pre's he wants, etc. Let us know what he wants to do with it.

Not heard anything about the Lexicon, or the NI. Depends if he want's to run PT or not, how many pre's he wants, etc. Let us know what he wants to do with it.

He's currently running Cubase. He's alright with switching over to PT, but he'd prefer sticking with Cubase since he already knows it. He only plans to record one instrument at a time, so 1 pre is enough.

And anyone heard about the Focusrite Saffire LE?

i've been quite interested in getting a better pre/interface. i currently use the toneport ux2 but with line6 still not providing 64-bit drivers for it and barely covering vista it does not match my needs which intend to be a kick ass sonar 6 64-bit DAW on vista (maybe xp pro 64 if it turns sour). what I would really love:
interface with *good* (not excellent but not behringer!) A/D converters
xlr in
1/4 guitar jack in
USB/firewire to the PC
stereo 1/4 jack outputs to my monitors
low latency monitoring
headphone jack (1/4 or 1/8 doesnt matter)
fully working (including vista) 64-bit drivers.
relatively low competative price.

nothing else really matters to me apart from these things. so far i can't find a single interface that matches this perfectly (usually the drivers thing is what is missing...)

can anybody suggest some stuff to me as well? (sorry to kinda hijack the thread there but i guess i want the same question answering in a way)

I just picked up a Firepod for a friend off of ebay, used in like new condition for $370 USD shipped. There is another one for sale from the same dude for the same price, check it out. You can pretty much find a used Firepod for under $400 any day of the week on ebay.

Edirol UA 25.

Pretty good Pres, dual TRS/XLR ins, Zero latency monitoring, 64bit vista drivers, headphone jack, cheap as hell, both RCA Phono and TRS stereo outs for monitors, Hi Z switch

This isn't a bad deal. I just ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. $370 shipped for the Mbox 2 and two mics (we'll see what the quality is like).
>>Includes 2 free great sounding professional dynamic mics, with clips and cases $119.00 Value

Thinking pretty weak, so don't get yer hopes up :loco:
But since it's a throw-in, so you could do a Daltry and swing 'em around ...and let go :headbang: