Best live show stories

bathory_rocker

New Metal Member
Jun 10, 2009
We've all (or most of us) have seen one or two heavy metal shows in our time. Share your stories with me!

Best concert I've seen was pretty recently. I went with my buddy Justin to see The Haunted at a local club. The line up was pretty good. The first band was alright, but the lead singer, when done with his set, came down and chilled with us and watched the show with us. The second band was pretty good, of course I can't remember the name, but I do remember that the lead singer was smoking hot. A rare sight for young eyes, I suppose. After that set, some hardcore band from NY came on, and I'm not going to lie, they rocked the house. I've never liked hardcore in the least, but damn this band could play. Then, the big boys came up. The Haunted started their set, and it was intense. I was front center, about a foot away from the band. During their encore they played my favorite Haunted song, Bullet Hole, and the singer could see me singing along and getting into it, so he leaned over the bar with the microphone and we both screamed into the mic. That was pretty fucking epic.

There's mine. What's yours?

Damn, I have so many stories from concerts that I don't know where to start, but I guess a funny one is from seeing Cataract in Switzerland about 5 years ago!

Cataract played a particularly intense part of their song and me being completely wasted decided to break out into a full-on headbang, throwing my entire body with my head in the process! Well turns out the guy behind me was headbanging like a dipshit as well and had his mouth completely open (no homo) and right as my head was coming up, his head was coming down and his teeth sunk into my skull! I pulled my head out and looked at him, and the guy was on the floor holding his jaw, and realized he was probably in more pain than me and bought myself another beer :) but yeah I always like telling people I've been bit in the skull by another human!

Another quick one is when I saw Septic Flesh in Cali, I was once again wasted and had the great idea of entering the pit by literally DIVING into the pit, and what an amazing timing I had as some 6 foot mexican was running my direction and SPEARED me in midair, I have no memory of what happened between the impact and me hitting the floor face first, but I do know that I must have looked like a complete douchebag..a grown man diving into a pit like that is just embarassing! But it's a fucking concert alright!

Got a piece of a bible Nergal ripped apart and threw out to us in the crowd. I was setting it on fire with my lighter and was runned down by guards who threw water at me to kill the flames. The whole crowd and the band (Behemoth) is watching it and suddenly it become dead silent for a moment. Then Nergal picks up the mic, points at me and says; "This guy has understood what we are all about!" Then they continuing playing and im just thinking, "Fucking Epic!" It was an awsome night and a great live show too.

Got a piece of a bible Nergal ripped apart and threw out to us in the crowd. I was setting it on fire with my lighter and was runned down by guards who threw water at me to kill the flames. The whole crowd and the band (Behemoth) is watching it and suddenly it become dead silent for a moment. Then Nergal picks up the mic, points at me and says; "This guy has understood what we are all about!" Then they continuing playing and im just thinking, "Fucking Epic!" It was an awsome night and a great live show too.

That's pretty badass

Behemoth always puts on a good show. I'm ready to see them a 3rd time. The last time we saw them, Nergal spat blood in my face. That was intense.

Watching some guy try to tackle Dave Mustaine, watching Dave sidestep him without batting an eye, and then watching the security guys drag the guy away.

n695120103_4763589_3991.jpg

Horna is weird.

Watain has an incredible atmosphere, and I'd read/seen interviews where they talked about the "smell of death", but it still boggled my mind. Their lead guitarist was really into the music and crowd and got up in our faces a few times. There was a definite theme to their instruments as well, they were all kinda scummy and gored up and looked as if they'd been dragged through a battlefield. But they should've brought along a session bassist like they did for Hellfest 2008, because Erik is a boring bassist when he dumbs it down so he can do vocals as well.

Their banners were hand-painted, they had a dead, gutted rat wrapped around the microphone, and, of course, played by candle light (as is a trend with BM bands).

I remember I was at a local bands concert, and the guitarist tripped and fell into the crowd! My friends and I pushed him right back on stage though, and they kept playing the song. After the show, we got autographs and a hearty thanks. That was pretty sweet.
I also recall being splattered full on in the face with blood at a GWAR concert. Some shows those guys pull off.

Waiting at the front row at Wacken from 0800 untill 0400.

Saw Kreator and the greatest show ive ever seen, At The Gates.

I was at the Fear Factory gig in Sydney 1996/97 (NSW Uni Roundhouse) when the band didn't show up and there was a riot. It was fucking mental there were guys headbutting windows and i saw a couple of dudes rip out a small tree and use it to bash the doors in... the riot is mentioned on the digital connectivity DVD.

Seeing Cirith Ungol live @ Reverend Bizarre's last gig ever together with the whole In the Rectory album played straight through and lots of never before played live songs like Strange Horizon, Dunkelheit, Pyramids of Mars, etc. Great show in a local without a scene so you really were there with the band and also partied it out with them afterwards!

Watching a fat guy in a white wife beater complete with pit stains disco dance during an Incantation set is one of my favorite show memories.