Best live shows

One of the best was the Dream Theater show I just saw last week in New York. I can't wait to see it on DVD!

Seeing Megadeth before Countdown came out in a small club in Chicago. They were billed as Vic and the Rattleheads and the place only held around 500 people. At the time they were filling 5000 seats, so seeing them in that small of a place was awesome!

I think last years Gigantour was pretty far up on the list as well. Megadeth, Dream Theater, Nevermore, Sym X, Fear Factory.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra is always great.

And can't forget about ProgPower....all of them. :headbang:

J-Dubya 777 said:
David Lee Roth (w/Vai & Sheehan) 1986 x2

J-Dubya

I forgot all about that one. I saw him on that tour. I didn't dig the steel drums nor Dave riding the inflatable mic around like a horse, but the rest of the show was cool. Dave surfing over the crowd was pretty awesome.

I also forgot to add The Crue-- Girls Girls Girls with Tommy doing the rotating drum thing and Bon Jovi doing the fly out over the audience stuff. Testament on PWYP tour was pretty badass too.

Bryant

1. Maiden on the second Hartwall gig last year(going to see them for the 3rd time in november)
2.Metallica in 04 with 1% of the people in Finland
3.Slipknot and Slayer Unholy Alliance
4. Stam1na in my hometown

There's been so many! And most of them were so long ago. :lol:

Day on the Green, '91, Oakland Coliseum: Metallica, Queensryche, Soundgarden, Faith No More

Queensryche, Building Empires tour, '92(?) Cow Palace, SF

Aerosmith, Permanent Vacation tour, Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix (Dokken as Warmup)

Black Sabbath, Dehumanizer tour, Henry J Kaiser Auditorium, Oakland. Last time that Ronnie and the rest of the boys played together. And it was on a Friday the 13th.

Rush, R30 tour, Red Rocks. Awesome show at the best venue in the country.

There's a ton more. I can only think of one crappy show I've been to. It was Guns 'n' Roses in Phoenix. Axl biffed his mouth on the mic during one of his spaz out sequences and never came back on stage. They had only done five songs or so. I never saw them again out of principle. Well, that and they started to suck. :p