Best live gig of 2010?

ratlove

Ratlove
Jun 27, 2010
Sailing the sea of cheese
Be good to see what your fav gigs on the year were. Even if your not from Sydney or even Australia i'd like to hear about what bands were the hot tickets this year?

For me probably:

1. Testament @ the Manning Bar - Sydney
2. Overkill @ The Metro - Sydney
3. Metal Evilution Birthday show @ The Lewisham Hotel (highlights Darker Half, Dead Letter Opener & Metal) - Sydney

I can already see Maiden topping next year's and it's still 2010. LOL! :kickass:

It's got to be said... Metallica! :headbang:

All of the Anubis gigs this year were amazing! (I know, specifics and me are not usually sharing personal space-bubbles).

I found Helm, sleepmakeswaves and Adrift for Days at The Excelsior unexpectedly awesome. I expected enjoyment, but it exceeded all predictions.

Progfest Sydney was sporadically awesome too.

I'd also like to reserve places on this list for the upcoming No Sleep Til in Sydney, which I have finally decided to bite the bullet and splurge on, and Friday night's A Not So Silent Night at Valve. Anticipated awesomeness.

Yes. I like prog.

For me, the biggest surprise was a band from QLD sunny coast, Signal the Firing Squad. Straight up most brutal band ive heard live.

As for big bands - Mastodon at Roundhouse . . . every song from Crack the Skye !!

For me 2010 brought about many bands but natrualy Metallica are high on the list for touring Australia, for me the brisbane show stood out more so then the early Sydney show I went to.

Soilworks at the manning bar was particualy awesome, as was the March gig for Darker Half and Lord at the Bald Face Stag!

1. Lord in Japan.
2. Testament at the Manning Bar.
3. Not Metal but CHICAGO at the AIS Canberra,
4. Deep Purple at Royal Theatre.
5. And finally DIO tribute in Canberra , was the same night as Jorn Lande, Glenn Hughes, Tony Iommi and Co did the same in Europe ...

Doro,Jaded Heart and LORD in Nagoya (also Tokyo and Osaka).....finally got the chance to see metal in Japan!!

Utopia's 30th birthday at the Manning Bar..... a quality line-up of australian metal and hearing Mortal Sin play the entire Mayhemic Destruction album

LORD and Darker Half in Penrith.......metal and cheep beer!

Darker Half at the Chilli Lounge in Wyong,,,,,a small crowd but everyone having a great time.ended up staying in Wyong for another night after drinking in the beer garden at the Royal all day on the Sunday after the gig

Rampage and Hellbringer at the Lansdowne.....one of several gigs i attended at the Lansdowne but this was awesome. true Thrash metal lives!!!!!!!!

Deep Purple in Canberra....much better than the sydney show a couple of days earlier due to smaller venue and Ian Gillan seeming to struggle vocally in Sydney

Metallica (Sept and then Nov) at Acer Arena....got to love a band that changes set-list every night.....three songs of Kill 'em All at the Sept show
:kickass: