Best Metal Albums of 2010

likewise fucker!

pot%20kettle%20black%20by%20john%20takai%20dreamstime.jpg

I am watching the end of the Little Caesars Bowl.

I don't know what's more shocking: the fact that this is an enthralling game, or the fact that Little Caesars still exists as a franchise.

"Pizza Pizza"

burzum, agalloch

and Enslaved, and 2010's pretty much wrapped up.

Oh look, can it be

Northern Silence productions said:
News Winter 2010/2011

Next NSP releases (in no particular order):

Caladan Brood-debut CD/DigiCD
Dämmerfarben-Im Abendrot CD/DigiCD
Gris/Sombres Forêts-Miserere Luminis 2LP
Nasheim-new album CD/DigiCD/LP
Woods Of Desolation-Torn Beyond Reason LP

all these fast food chain pizza stores suck immensly. how they get away by charging more than traditional pizza stores for stuff is beyond me.

Admittedly, I haven't purchased many albums from 2010. There's just too much overlooked material from prior years that I'm sinking my teeth in to. I've also found less time per day to listen to tunes. (Avg about 2-3 hours a day)

In order...

Blood Revolt - Indoctrine
Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
Weapon - From the Devil's Tomb
Ophis - Withered Shades
Ares Kingdom - Incendiary
Mael Mordha - Manannán
Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm
Burzum - Belus
Stargazer - A Great Work of Ages
Urfaust - Der freiwillige Bettler

Philip Rivers sucks
Rivers takes the least blame for yesterday and this season. It was hardly his fault that Jackson and Tolbert couldn't pull off a handoff between them or that Tolbert (who intentionally seeks out contact when he runs the ball) got knocked unconscious and fumbled, leaving us down 13 - 0 before we blinked. Nor was it Rivers fault that at 1st and Goal from the 1, and our short yardage RB on his way to the hospital, that Norv called three successive hand offs. Nor was it Rivers fault that our punter's first four punts went for an average of 35 yards. Nor was it Rivers fault that at the end of the game, when he pulled us within striking distance, that right after Jammer nearly got burned for a 60 yard TD, Casem got burned on the very next play for a 60 yard TD.

I'm not a Rivers defender (not that he needs any, he's probably the 4th best QB in the league). I never wanted him... I wanted to keep Brees. But if I was making a list of people to blame for yesterday, I'd name about 20 people before I got to Phil. If I was looking for people to blame for the season, he wouldn't even be on that list. He's the reason we've won the games we've won.

Final Top 10 of 2010 (In no order)

Burzum - Belus
Altar of Plagues - Tides
Watain - Lawless Darkness
Deathspell Omega - Paracletus (This MAY be my #1)
Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm
God Dethroned - Under the Sign of the Iron Cross
Todtgelichter - Angst
Urfaust - Der Freiwillige Bettler
Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
Valkyrja - Contamination

Honorable Mentions

A Forest of Stars - Opportunistic Thieves of Spring
Mael Mordha - Manannan
Melechesh - Epigenesis
Negură Bunget – Maiestrit
Immolation - Majesty And Decay
Misery Index - Heirs to Thievery
Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini

Disappointments of 2010

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Disappointments of 2010

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

I agree with you on Nevermore. I suspect if the same disc had been released by a different band, I would have appreciated it more. However, it just feels as if Nevermore either didn't care... or cared too deeply about selling records. Which begs the question; on the Nevermore board, has anyone started throwing around the term "sellout"? Let's face it, they went out of their way to make this disc accessible; short songs, barely any lead work, Van on Valium, etc.

With respect to Agalloch, this disc is really beginning to grow on me. I suspect I, like many, didn't take to it at first as it was vastly different than what I was expecting.

So I checked out a few things on this list.

Sailors With Wax Wings - crap

Harvey Milk - crap... hard to say which one is crappier.

Uneartly Trance - interesting, but not my thing. Granted, it may not be my thing because it's crap, but for now I'll just say it's not my thing.

Deathspell Omega - reason #3,187 why I'm an atheist. If there was a god in heaven, he wouldn't allow me to constantly be tricked into revisiting Deathspell Omega and Negura Bunget. It's like I'm the slow kid and this forum is a bunch of sadistic 15 year olds who keep talking me into sticking my finger into the electrical socket.

i pulled DAWNBRINGER - Nucleus from that list and must say a few tracks in its a real guitar driven heavy disc ... not sure what to classify it as but it kicks ass.

Eh, of course Philip Rivers doesn't ACTUALLY suck (not on the field anyway), I was just super sad that you didn't reply to my NFL thread. :devil: (He went to NC State, so I've been hating him for the last 10 years or so).

As far as metal.... uh.... Alcest?

Didn't like new Enslaved, haven't heard new Drudkh, may pick up the new Agalloch today, liked a lot of what I heard from that Kylesa album.... Other than that, I failed at metal this year (some would argue I still did).