Best Metal Albums of 2010

did you skirts listen to the new DA yet?

It's no UV or AoD, the track you posted was the best of the bunch. I only listened to it once, and I would really like to give it the benefit of a couple more listens, but I can't be arsed to do so, as the initial engagement left such a tepid flowering to the ears.

when they played black metal
this progressive crap has got to go

speaking of boring

This is the worst track on the album and the album itself benefits greatly from repeat listens. Ballsier production would be against the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
so what im gathering from this thread is:

the new negura bunget sounds fake

people like some emo hipster art student band called broken social scene

no one cares about mael mordha anymore

people will worship anything with the burzum name on it

lurch still loves trying to convince everyone to listen to bands trying to relive their golden days, but doesnt care about atheist.

genre arguments still exist, and people still get butthurt about it

people couldnt get enough of Below the Lights splooge when it came out, now Enslaved released an album that makes it look like justin beiber in comparison, and everyone shits on it.

drudkh should just keep releasing Autumn Aurora

Operatika Tribute to Dio "We Rock"
http://www.myspace.com/operatika
werock.jpg

hahahahahaha
that lead needs to go. then come the clean vocals. wow. fuck that shit.

Not only the clean, but also the harsh jumbled together sweet nothings. If I'm going to listen to this type of prog, I'll throw on Riverside or some wank that has some fluidity to it. A descension of quality, an ascension of nuts. This is coming from somebody who enjoys BtL quite considerably.

i find BtL to be their one of their weakest post-viking releases, just surpassed by the shitastic Vertebrae, which is their worst. Monumension, Isa, Ruun and the new one are superb.

definitely one of the more exciting long running bands existing today and it's nice that their not trying to recapture their old sound (and selling out) by releasing VV Part II.

I remember hearing a song on Monumension that blew me away, I was planning to pick it up, then forgot all about it.

Edit - Ahhh it was this jam. :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
so what im gathering from this thread is:

the new negura bunget sounds fake

people like some emo hipster art student band called broken social scene

no one cares about mael mordha anymore

people will worship anything with the burzum name on it

lurch still loves trying to convince everyone to listen to bands trying to relive their golden days, but doesnt care about atheist.

genre arguments still exist, and people still get butthurt about it

people couldnt get enough of Below the Lights splooge when it came out, now Enslaved released an album that makes it look like justin beiber in comparison, and everyone shits on it.

drudkh should just keep releasing Autumn Aurora

+ there have been no good metal albums this year.