Best Metal Albums of 2010

was watching this and said 'huh, new bass player looks just like this bass playin dude i went to high school with?' looked it up and its him haha. makes sense, he was big into 80s metal, had every oldschool metallica tshirt etc. and a big pile of amps.

haha, that's cool!

I wanted to listen to some new metal last night so I downloaded Watain - Lawless Darkness. It kicks arse :headbang: This is the type of black metal I'm into. Is their earlier stuff much the same or not?

Getting that Enslaved now. Nice.

I wanted to listen to some new metal last night so I downloaded Watain - Lawless Darkness. It kicks arse :headbang: This is the type of black metal I'm into. Is their earlier stuff much the same or not?

Getting that Enslaved now. Nice.

At least Sworn to the dark is similar. Rabid Death's Curse and Casus Luciferi are a bit more abrasive.

was watching this and said 'huh, new bass player looks just like this bass playin dude i went to high school with?' looked it up and its him haha. makes sense, he was big into 80s metal, had every oldschool metallica tshirt etc. and a big pile of amps.

5 stars

The album is loaded with highlights but if forced to pick: The Beacon, Lightening, Singular, and Giants are all 5 star tracks.

Axioma Ethica Odini = best metal album this year. Hands down.

Not only that, it's exponentially better than Vertebrae which I found dull. I've listened to it eight times thus far and I think it goes further and is better than Ruun. Not better than Isa.

Listening to it right now. Two tracks in, and I agree so far. Although, I'm pretty sure this is only the second metal release of 2010 I have heard.

Check out the newest Ihsahn and Blasphemophagher. Seriously good shit.....maybe Immolation as well if you're open-minded.

i am very impressed by the new Borknagar. instead of vintersorg's crooning, which ive never been a fan of, we've got vocals that sounds reminiscent to Vortex (who also sings on the final song), which is a good thing.

Epic finally clicked with me, and i love it. Quintessence, still the best o' the lot.

i am very impressed by the new Borknagar. instead of vintersorg's crooning, which ive never been a fan of, we've got vocals that sounds reminiscent to Vortex (who also sings on the final song), which is a good thing.

Epic finally clicked with me, and i love it. Quintessence, still the best o' the lot.

My problem with Epic was that the guitars lacked any impact in the mix. I'll give it another listen soon.

Not yet.

Nothing will touch Solace - A.D. this year.

I just didnt think much of this one. That being said, I dont think they'll ever beat Further.

New Enslaved wins 2010 so far. But we've still got Virgin Steele, Place of Skulls, and Slough Feg.

EDIT: also new Helloween. I thought Gambling with the Devil was solid. new THerion also. the last one, Gothic Kabbalah, while maybe a bit gay, was great.

new Belenos coming, as well as the new Drudkh.

I just didnt think much of this one. That being said, I dont think they'll ever beat Further.

New Enslaved wins 2010 so far. But we've still got Virgin Steele, Place of Skulls, and Slough Feg.

EDIT: also new Helloween. I thought Gambling with the Devil was solid. new THerion also. the last one, Gothic Kabbalah, while maybe a bit gay, was great.

new Belenos coming, as well as the new Drudkh.

New Drudkh coming? I thought everyone heard that ages ago? By the way, it's really good.