Best Metal Albums of 2010

the new Death Angel leaked and what a scorcher a few tracks in already.

the last disc sucked big time in my opinion and the previous one was pretty inconsistent (like most of their releases really)

this one seems to have fire and some FTTP weirdness and complexity.

god damn!!!! ... I Chose the Sky :kickass: ... you old school thrashers will LOVE this one!

never felt compelled to sit through a DA disc from start to finish on first spin (save TUV), but man ... no fillers on this one.
i don't know where they got this new found energy from ... reminds me of the last Overkill disc in terms of kickassery.

I usually don't listen to your thrash recommendations, but I actually might this time because this is Death Angel.

I've said it before, but Death Angel is the best band I've seen live. The energy they exude and extract from the crowd is unparalleled. A noodle dance from the neck up, a spinal salute to Satan, a camaraderie filled frolic through a park in which you don't dare to tread past dark. I just checked out a couple tracks from the latest, and they sound completely tits. I was always a big fan of Art of Dying, this is on par, but more aggressive. Dled now, may purchase later.

Have the heavens have parted? Lurch may finally be correct in his hype for an old school band for once.

never seen them live, and have always wanted to mostly because of kudos such as Jerry's.

the new disc has 2 new players, the drummer Will Caroll I understand he is some legend in the underground and beats the skins a bit more straightforward than the departed family member, but it lets the guitars shine a lot more. the production is nice and thick too.

all very aggressive songs, but less punky this time and more thrashy with some melody.

probably my fave album after their debut on first listen alone.

this video sold me on the DA live show ... Feb 2 in NYC

Last edited by a moderator: