Best Metal Albums of 2010

SS-093.jpg

Six Year Trainwreck = :kickass: :yow::headbang::danceboy:

I don't think he is. I'm fucking HOOKED on the album though. It quenches my want of some new ie GOOD QOTSA since their last album sucked.

The newest Brant Bjork album, Gods And Goddesses has gotten good reviews. However, I havent heard it.

Fatso Jetson though... :headbang: I mean, they even have a sax/harmonica player running rampant!

Hey Tubesteak, are you a fan of the new Menomena album?

Haven't heard. Also haven't heard the new AF yet. o_O

Animal Collective are going to own this year without even putting out a proper album. That movie-album is out on DVD today, Panda Bear solo next month, Avey Tare solo in October, possibly Deakin solo before year's end. I'm particularly excited about the AT:

Down There is a world of nine new songs from Animal Collective's Avey Tare. His first official solo full length carries you through a murky world of sound, an alien death world of soul grooves that is both honest and otherworldly. Wait for sundown and turn it up loud. Take a ride on this haunted boat and let yourself be guided through deep sloshy rhythms, waterlogged bass, and moonlit breaks in the canopy that reveal a crisp crystalline pop buzz. Down There was recorded in the month of June by old friend Josh Dibb (Deakin) at the Good House, an old church in upstate New York, surrounded by The Great Swamp and visited regularly by monks, white widows, and groan toads.

PAW35_BIG.jpg

Oh yeah, metal...

Down There is a world of nine new songs from Animal Collective's Avey Tare. His first official solo full length carries you through a murky world of sound, an alien death world of soul grooves that is both honest and otherworldly. Wait for sundown and turn it up loud. Take a ride on this haunted boat and let yourself be guided through deep sloshy rhythms, waterlogged bass, and moonlit breaks in the canopy that reveal a crisp crystalline pop buzz. Down There was recorded in the month of June by old friend Josh Dibb (Deakin) at the Good House, an old church in upstate New York, surrounded by The Great Swamp and visited regularly by monks, white widows, and groan toads.

PAW35_BIG.jpg

Oh yeah, metal...
I don't know WTF that is, but judging from the cover I might be in love already. Gimme a sample, would ya? Gimme a beer, fuck ya?

That review is shit. I have no idea what planet the band is even from, let alone a basic genre. I'm imagining Beaten Back To Pure doing Lady Gaga and Enya covers.

I'm imagining Beaten Back To Pure doing Lady Gaga and Enya covers.

Probably not that far off. I'm expecting something very EEIWIRRDS though.

Anyway, no one really knows what it will sound like. It was a big surprise when he announced 10 days ago that he was even planning on releasing a solo album. The release is October 26, to coincide with Halloween.

Avey Tare (Dave Portner) is one of the two main dudes behind the greatest band existing today--Animal Collective. I'd send some samples, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

BTW, the new video album is complete balls-to-the-wall horrorshow LSDtacular. Even better than I expected, music included.

They go together quite well if you stop thinking in terms of the standard mentality of what War Metal or Black/Death should be. I do however think the first 2 songs on the album are a bit weaker and show off this concern you (and others previously) mention though moreso than anything...

I will try this again later on, but I also think the music and vocals don't really match. If it clicks after some 5-6 listens (I've had three or something), this could very well be mega killer awesome.