Best Metal Christmas CDs...Songs?

Batguy21784

Feb 8, 2009
Hey, Merry Christmas!

I LOVE this time of year, and I like to rock it up with good metal Christmas music. What are the best Christmas Metal CDs or Songs Out there?

Also, any new Theocracy Christmas Tunes for 2012?

Theocracy's Xmas tunes, obviously (personal vote: O Come Emmanuel)

Check out the Xmas metal compilation CDs: Monster Ballads Xmas and We Wish You a Metal Xmas

There was a great hair metal band called The Screaming Santas who released 2 awesome albums [try the song 12 days].

Halford's Xmas album had a few good tunes on it.

Other cool Xmas tunes:
Spinal Tap - Christmas With the Devil
Bad News - Cashing in on Christmas
Lillian Axe - Here is Christmas

Sledding Hill by August Burns Red--a completely instrumental Christmas album. So good it rivals even Theocracy Christmas songs in its awesomeness. :)

Sleddin' Hill by August Burns Red

Thank you JayArby - this really is awesome stuff! Serious metal with some unexpectedly funky moments. It seems a bit strange without words, but no vocals is better than bad vocals and maybe I can get my family to sing along when I visit them this Christmas!

I really like Gary Hoey's Ho Ho Hoey Christmas Collection. Not all of it is metal, but all songs are solid nonetheless. I have Theocracy's Christmas songs of course, as well as We Wish You a Metal Christmas, some TSO, and gotta throw in A Twisted Christmas just for good measure :)

brutal CHRISTmas a season in chaos out of print
northern lights orchestra on amazonmp3
deliverence silent night from "what a joke"
Pastor brad guitarjams.net shredding instrumentals
silentwitnessradio.com a wide variety of music metal, goth rap some prog go to playlist and look up december shows they also have a prolife show in januarary around the middle of the month

Christmas... At Last by Jeff Scheetz is more of a rock style album more in the vein of Gary Hoey, but still one of my favorites as well as Sleddin' Hill by August Burns Red along with the TSO albums and the Theocracy ones, of course. :) I'm always searching for new hard rock/metal Christmas albums every year and they're always so hard to come by, what with all the cheesy fluff that gets released every year....

Sledding Hill by August Burns Red--a completely instrumental Christmas album. So good it rivals even Theocracy Christmas songs in its awesomeness. :)

As Aish! said, thank you. I don't follow ABR anymore cause I grew out of metalcore, but I can always appreciate music like this. So awesome.

Love Theocracy's O Come Emmanuel! Trans Siberian Orchestra has an awesome show, but I'd rather listen to Christmas songs about Jesus!

Merry Christmas everyone!

As Aish! said, thank you. I don't follow ABR anymore cause I grew out of metalcore, but I can always appreciate music like this. So awesome.

Yeah, I don't like screamy vocals myself either, but instrumentally ABR is fantastic IMO, so I'm very glad they have a great instrumental only album like this.

I enjoy Thousand Foot Krutch's version of Jingle Bell Rock.
There were some sweet Christmas tunes from the early 90's being played on Christianrock.net last Christmas, just can't remember who they were.

Winter Wonderland and Reason for the Season by Stryper.

It's the ugliest picture disc I've ever seen, and, after acquiring two other guys' Stryper collections years ago, I own two of them!

I've always been picky about Christmas tunes. I usually prefer more traditional ones (Bing Crosby is an all time fav). When it comes to metal versions, Matt and TSO usually are the only ones I really get into.

Outside of those, I liked BTA's version of "O Holy Night"

I recently came across Mick Jelinic's (of Terraphobia) version of "What Child is This". It has a little bit of a Metallica feel to it.

There is also Empires of Eden (w/Scott Peck on Vox) version of "We Three Kings" http://soundcloud.com/heavymetalmedia/we-three-kings-empires-of-eden

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aish!
The Mick Jelinic song is weird to listen to. Dude even sounds like Hetfield a little. It's good but wow.