Best metal download site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot666

May 20, 2010
I'm looking to expand my metal horizons with some free mp3s. Anyone recommend any good sites? I've found a few but they've been rather limited in content. Search engines dont always come up with the goods...

Cheers.

Loadown is pretty damn good. Also check out Heavy Metal Warrior

loadown.blogspot.com/
heavymetalwarrior.blogspot.com/

Also try filestube.com cause that gives you listings of download blogs for all files your looking for.

And when you download files, please be aware of hotfile or rapidshare links cause they give you a long ass waiting time after you get done with one download after another.

The kid wants a few download sites. Big deal. Downloading isn't the worst thing in the world. Take it as a godsend ffs. One day you might go broke and will not afford CDs. What will you rely on then?

Well it may be closed soon anyway. Oh well. Not like I care too much about this thread. I just approve of downloading and find it unethical how people shame it.

For the record, pirating isn't stealing.

Say you're about to buy a loaf of bread from a store, some weird creeper notices you buying the bread and gives you the recipe for it for some reason and you go home and make some bread for yourself.

That's pirating. Not stealing.

Definition of pirate (one of, anyway):

One who makes use of or reproduces the work of another without authorization.

Purchasing music implies authorization. Downloading music applies unauthorized use.

It's one thing if you download with the intention of buying the music later. It's another if you download without purchasing anything. THAT is stealing.

^This.

With your analogy, Satanist Hobo, you still need to purchase the ingredients. With the way you make it sound, its like getting the tablature and recording it all by yourself.

Definition of pirate (one of, anyway):

Purchasing music implies authorization. Downloading music applies unauthorized use.

It's one thing if you download with the intention of buying the music later. It's another if you download without purchasing anything. THAT is stealing.

Alot of the time its considered "backing up files" or "promoting" so it can't be justified as stealing. Thats why it still exists.

Those pirating commercials thus are rather worthless. What they say can never be justified, at least at this moment.

Also you goto think about the people uploading the files. THEY actually take the time to buy the material and distribute it. They are SHARING their earnings.

How is backing up your files pirating? That's like saying putting 90% of your earnings from work in a savings account is embezzlement.

If someone is handing out their music to people, then they are authorized to use said material and it isn't pirating.

Think of the programs you use. A lot of the sites where you download these "software downloading programs" state that they are used to "back up files".

I don't download anything unless it's updates for things like Firefox or my GPS system and they say that to get around statutes that say what they are doing is illegal.

I am right. You're trying to justify what amounts to petty theft and that makes you a criminal, basically.

It can be stopped, but the curtailing of such things is being done incorrectly imo. I can't really stop people from downloading at all. I can only tell them what they are doing is, indeed, petty theft in a very rudimentary sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.