The Best (Legal) MP3 download websites

Turbo

Natursekt Black Metal
Jul 13, 2005
Weinheim, Deutschland
www.last.fm
hey all. ive been looking for websites that offer downloadable music. I have the obvious websites (apple/MSN and so on). The problem I am having is that a) I do not know the laws on downloading music, but i am under the impression that Kazaa/Bearshare and other shareware search engines are Illegal, and b) Websites such as MSN Music have never heard of Children of Bodom, have VERY limited amounts of songs of Metallica or in the Metal Genre itself (you type in Kylie Minogue on the other hand and there is FUCKING HUNDREDS of songs, which I find is appauling). I was wondering if there was any decent ones websites that people use, or is buying the CDs the best option. Also if you could give me some information on the laws of downloading music that would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

word:

Winmx

I
never
download
music illegally,
though.

I heard that itunes has a pay for play library for something like 60 downloads a month for 15 dollars. There is that too but I can't tell you how vast their metal collection is.

Soulseek, sometimes it sucks though. Guess it depends who's on.

Audiogalaxy was great and I was pretty sad when it went down.

The Greys said:
Soulseek, sometimes it sucks though. Guess it depends who's on.

Guess it depends on how much you suck at searching. I've always found absolutely everything I've searched for, it's just a question of which search techniques you use. Roomsearches yield the best results.