Song sites face legal crackdown on tab websites

Metalman7983

Nov 17, 2005
Texas
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

The US Music Publishers' Association (MPA), which represents sheet music companies, will launch its first campaign against such sites in 2006.

MPA president Lauren Keiser said he wanted site owners to be jailed.

He said unlicensed guitar tabs and song scores were widely available on the internet but were "completely illegal".

Mr Keiser said he did not just want to shut websites and impose fines, saying if authorities can "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective".

This is complete crap destroys creativity as we know it. Music is just as much as an art as painting or sculpting the music industry has no right to do this. Stopping musicians for being able to learn a song.

Sign this and keep guitar tab websites online.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mioti/petition.html

Please sign the petition to the Music Publishers' Association and if you are so inclined, send an email, letter, or make a phone call on behalf of musicians worldwide.

mpa-admin@mpa.org

Music Publishers' Association
243 5th Avenue, Suite 236
New York, NY 10016

(212) 327-4044

Thank you,

Keep Creativity Alive!

oh, what explains the eerie similarities. both avatars are sx albums, both names are mythology god people that are named in V, both of you are the bringer of (insert either Life of War here)....

if I were allowed to, I'd post my middle finger here [---------------] in response to the MPA's actions, which are completely out of line.

What next? Arrest people for singing copyrighted songs in the shower?

MrFast said:
oh, what explains the eerie similarities. both avatars are sx albums, both names are mythology god people that are named in V, both of you are the bringer of (insert either Life of War here)....

Yeah. Strangely enough, between me and him, alot of his things can be fairly unoriginal. His User Name is the counterpart and arch enemy of my User Name, his avatar is another Symphony X album, and he also left out the second letter in the last name of his user name. :D :Spin:

And yes, I play lead for Pantheon, but thats actually not my top priority.

Yo dick! I use to not write my own shit, but the fact that you would say shit like that online is just gay. I dont rag on you when you online. And I have the Symphony X album because Symphony X is my favorite band and thats my favorite cd. I like who Montu is also and your the dickhead who spelt it out for me. So sukadik!

Create a database where musicians can choose to enter thier name. If they belong to it, then any site showing thier sheet music should be shut down. If a musician doesn't mind his or work shown through sheet music then he doesn't enter his or name in the databe.

This solution benefits everyone.

Kronikle66 said:
PetitionOnline, sadly is one of the biggest wastes of time. Unfortunately, no one ever takes it seriously.

Seth McFarlane stated himself that one of the main reasons for bringing back Family guy was the online petition.