Listening to metal on the net.

evilnell

Mar 25, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
I was wondering if any of you lovely peoples could help me out. I'm trapped in the capital city of dance music (Liverpool!), and as such I have limmited access to metal. Can any one let me know of any good websites where I can listen to samples of songs/albums by some metal bands? Ta.

Try www.mp3.com - they have a pretty big metal selection.

Kazaa is obviously changeable, you can only get what people are sharing...some days there'll be a load of underground metal fans online, other days it'll be swamped with shite. I'm on it right now, and there's 3.5 million users online sharing 687 million files...there must be something in there to tickle your fancy. Just remember not to download anything from any American majors, else you might get caught up in this P2P witch-hunt.

Check out band and label websites, they often have a few tasters available for download, as do e-commerce sites sometimes.

Get yourself on IRC chat. There are channels for sharing files via FTP, though some users have a "quota" whereby you get a certain number free, then you have to send them a file before you can get any more.

Definatly go get DC its the best thing for metal... that palidens server has never let me down.... i always find what i want... kazaa light is good for popular metal...

i just checked my kazaa shared folder, fuck me i have 4.12GB of stuff in there. There's 48 music videos and 418 songs...........sweet i think i'll be getting direct connect soon, even though it scares the shit out of me and the last time i downloaded it, i opened it and then saw the screen and hit the reset button on the computer.....................shutup

epi5ode666 said:
how do i open more ports?

You have to type /slots then the number of slots you want open, for example /slots 5. Seriously, theres not enough instruction for this thing, but its pretty good once you get it working.