Do you ever listen to background music while listening to Metal?

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
Sometimes when doing an activity you listen to background music. Listening to Metal is the activity so do you ever have any other music on in the background to adsd to the effect.

Sometimes when listening to a fast form of Death Metal, I like to have a drum and bass band on such as Pendallum, it adds to the effect and gives the music extra atmosphere.

Discuss.

The Grimace said:
That's dumb.

Indeed.

Playing two cd at once would interfere. I don't get it.

The rythmn,etc.. would be off the whole time too.

Just mixing random albums seems pretty ridiculous. They would be completely out of tempo and out of tune.

When albums are specifically made with this idea in mind it might be nice though. Neurosis released a companion disc called Grace (under their Tribes of Neurot alter ego) which is meant to be played simultaneously with the Neurosis album Times of Grace. I don't own Grace myself so I haven't tried this yet, but I'm quite curious what the effect would be really.

Anyone here ever tried it?

That sounds kind of cool, I would like to hear how that would work. The only thing I do with Metal in the background is sometimes I'll watch a cartoon, like Samurai Jack or Powerpuff Girls and put them on mute, while Death Metal or something is playing instead of their lame music/dialogue. It makes the action sequences a lot better. Sometimes everything lines up perfectly and it's quite eerie.

And yes I still watch cartoons when I have time.