What metal music do you most like listening to in your car ?

Devin Townsend material like Accelerated Evolution and Ocean Machine is nice for a relaxing drive.

1. Put in Show No Mercy.
2. Pull up beside loser playing rap.
3. Crank 'er.
4. Roll down the window.
5. Scream "FUCKING SLAYER!"
6. Drive away.

7. Get shot.

well I don't drive so this thread is pretty much useless to me.

Good thing you posted that, otherwise we'd all be wondering why you weren't posting in this thread.

:lol:the beauty of grind.

So who else has to wait until a song finnishes (or at the bare minimum wait until a change of riff or a break) before they can get out of their car?

I find that I do, unless I'm in a real hurry.

OH yea, I won't usually wait till the song is over, unless I really like the song. But yea I HAVE to wait until the riff or chorus is over before I "turn the key".

:)

I listen to all sorts of stuff.
Neo-Classical Metal Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Moore, Tony MacAlpine, Symphony X, and etc.
Prog Metal Dream Theater, Rush, and Kansas)
Classic Rock (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Jimi Hendrix)
80's Metal (Dokken, Racer X, Tesla)
Thrash Metal (Pantera, Metallica, and Slayer)
Classical Music (Bach, Mozart, Wagner, and etc)
Jazz Fusion (Al Di Meola, Allan Holdsworth, and John McLaughlin)
Bob Marley for Reggae.

FUCKING BULLDOZER!!!

200px-Bulldozer_-_The_Day_of_Wrath.jpg

IT'S FUCKING WHIIIIIISKEY TIIIIIME!!!

I usually put on one album, that I just got for a week. It's almost always doom or heavy metal. Black metal sounds like shit in my car, and I just never feel like listening to death metal in my car.

The past year I think I had Pale Divine - Cemetery Earth in my car for 3 months.

During the week when I'm driving to work in the mornings it's usually thrash like Heathen, Sadus, Hallows Eve, Overkill etc. But on most Fridays I bust out Open The Gates by Manilla Road because I'm feeling good that the shitty week is over and headbanging/air drumming/singing while listening to songs like Heavy Metal to the World, Road of Kings and Astro-fucking-nomica on my way home makes me feel even better.

Definitely yes. It is a bad thing because you put yourself at risk for being pulled over as well as the numerous other bad things that can happen as a result of speeding. The fact that nothing bad has happened to you yet as a result of metal-induced speeding doesn't make it good.

Does anyone else find that listening to fast metal causes them to tend to speed? It definitely has that effect on me. Blastbeats really cause me to drive faster.
I usually drive below the speed limit, so anything that's aggressive enough to make me drive fast enough to stop being a nuisance to the cars behind me is ideal.
Also, Marty Friedman has an album called "Music for Speeding." It's kind of an ironic title though, because like half the songs on it are slow pieces.

Does anyone else find that listening to fast metal causes them to tend to speed? It definitely has that effect on me. Blastbeats really cause me to drive faster.

That's definitely true, but what's even worse is that when I listen to Prog or killer intricate stuff in my car a lot of times I don't pay good attention to the road because I lose myself in the music. I'm normally a really careful driver, but I was blasting ELP last week & I ran right through a red light of a very big intersection. Luckily it was very early in the morning & there were't too many cars there. I was stopped at the red light not paying attention when I saw the car next to me go from my peripheral vision (the car got a green arrow for a left turn) so I fucking went & this car I pulled out in front of honked at me. I was totally into the music & not paying any attention to the road at all it felt like... At least I didn't get a $190 ticket.