How do you go about bumping heavy metal music from your vehicle while driving?

~Derek~

Sep 9, 2006
Tennessee
How do you go about bumping heavy metal music from your vehicle while driving? Do you use a system? Nearly everyone in my area has their car really loud with rap music but I crank my volume way up and like to scare the southern people here listening to death and black metal. I do this while I'm at college too, it's fun to get reactions out of people as they look at you weird sometimes while driving.

I'm sorry but I think that's pathetic.
I have a standard CD radio thing and that's totally sufficient. there's no need to show other people how awesome you are for listening to DM/BM.
do you try to look grim, too?

I got an mp3 player thing which I plug into the cassette player. Im so fed up with hearing rap or dance full blast so I whack all my windows down and play Sodom or Something like 'It's raining men' to make my impression.

Alex78 said:
I'm sorry but I think that's pathetic.
I have a standard CD radio thing and that's totally sufficient. there's no need to show other people how awesome you are for listening to DM/BM.
do you try to look grim, too?
:lol: No, I just like to listen to the music a little loud and I do get WTF looks at times. I'd listen to it loud if I had the windows down anyways. I don't have a system either, I just have a standard one too. i listen to it loud with headphones on too.

The loudness of one's car stereo is proportional to the size of the driver's penis. Breast size for female drivers.

Bah. Bunch of bullshit here. I have a great system in my car because I want it loud and clean. When I have something pounding the inside of the car, I'm playing it for ME, not the car next to me. Having a shitty system with the subs pumping 2000W straight at the ground to show off is one thing, but not everyone who puts the time and money into a great system is trying to impress other drivers. But I guess if you're so afraid of what other people might think if you put in a decent system, keep listening to your stock dash speakers through your $20 Audiovox deck.

I swear, the things these "scene kids" go out of their way to do to try and prove that they're not "conforming" to any stereotype get dumber every day. Now having a decent system in your car is just some social trophy? Gimme a break. I'll be keeping my system, as I enjoy having a good sound when I drive. Go ahead and call me a show-off when I drive by if that's all you imagine it can be.

i blew out the speakers in my car, cause it never gets loud enough for me - anywhere - car included, besides it's funny to see the getto people get pissed off or freked out when they hear angel of death at 130 decibels, last year my friend accidently blocked in some getto gangbanger bitch and she had to hear necrophagist at 140 decibels or some shit right next to her head for like a minute straight , pretty goddam funny . if you like metal , crank it up. besides it always makes me drive way faster too.

i blew out the speakers in my car, cause it never gets loud enough for me - anywhere - car included, besides it's funny to see the getto people get pissed off or freked out when they hear angel of death at 130 decibels, last year my friend accidently blocked in some getto gangbanger bitch and she had to hear necrophagist at 140 decibels or some shit right next to her head for like a minute straight , pretty goddam funny . if you like metal , crank it up. besides it always makes me drive way faster too.

bluewizard said:
do you have Sirius radio?

Nah, I just got plain standard cd player, radio and Weather ban.

Plus before i owned the car my bro did, he blew the speakers supposedly.
Doesnt sound distorted though.
No reason to blast music.

ok maybe I was generalising a bit.
however, I often see guys blasting metal in their cars, left and right window open, and trying to look cool. you just have to look at them to realize that the reason for playing at such volume is not just listening to the music, it's about getting attention. and thats fucking lame, I'm sorry.

sony 10 disc changer
500w mtx thunder amp
two 10" kicker comps
4 blaupunkt flat plate 6.5" coaxils

why?

cause i like bass. but i find that the larger 15's and 22's don't respond fast enough for metal. let me tell ya, there is nothing quite like the feeling of pulling up into the local grocery store next to a bunch of "thugs" while bumpin circle of dead children! i stick with a little bit less power cause i'm to lazy to install a second battery to run the system. but much like the afformentioned, aside from "showing off" the vehicle is where i listen to music the most, so i like a nice clean sounding system.

Frank the tank said:

Wow dude, you're like totally hardcore 'n shit.