Best metal download site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links guys. Its not that I dont have money, its the availability of metal, especially in my town, theres ONE store, and its a Sanity. Ive been to only two stores that have a decent collection of metal, and they're 3000km away.

Thanks for the links guys. Its not that I dont have money, its the availability of metal, especially in my town, theres ONE store, and its a Sanity. Ive been to only two stores that have a decent collection of metal, and they're 3000km away.

Then buy CDs from the internet.

My family declared bankruptcy, I have been job hunting for months now and nothing has come up. I know it's wrong, but I download a huge chunk of my music simply because there is no way for me to afford the albums I want. lol

I download plenty. I'll buy the music that I really like. I'll keep what I kinda like. I delete what I don't like. I'll buy what I kinda like when I can find something beyond a part time job.

Metal bands as a whole benefit greatly from downloading. It might hurt your Metallicas, Tools, Children of Bodoms, etc. but overall downloading absolutely helps the vast majority of metal acts. For every 1 person who would have bought something if downloading wasn't an option there's probably at least 3 who decided they liked a band after illegally downloading and end up buying it. For most bands discussed on these forums, the value of being discovered by your potential audience must absolutely trump losing some sales to leechers.

I download plenty. I'll buy the music that I really like. I'll keep what I kinda like. I delete what I don't like. I'll buy what I kinda like when I can find something beyond a part time job.

Metal bands as a whole benefit greatly from downloading. It might hurt your Metallicas, Tools, Children of Bodoms, etc. but overall downloading absolutely helps the vast majority of metal acts. For every 1 person who would have bought something if downloading wasn't an option there's probably at least 3 who decided they liked a band after illegally downloading and end up buying it. For most bands discussed on these forums, the value of being discovered by your potential audience must absolutely trump losing some sales to leechers.

I think it would help bands in there sales to not send people promo copies or even sample clips on the web for that matter, make everyone buy it out of curiosity, or something.

I'm in the same boat as you, except I don't delete any of it lol...I still buy alot of cd's though.

I can't buy CDs mostly because of money situation. It's beer or one/two CDs a month and then I would just wind up with a boxful of CDs to have to worry about storing.
Diapers are now a new expense of course (and even with a Sams memberhip, wtf).

^This.

With your analogy, Satanist Hobo, you still need to purchase the ingredients. With the way you make it sound, its like getting the tablature and recording it all by yourself.

...you still need a computer and music playing software/mp3 players.

My family declared bankruptcy, I have been job hunting for months now and nothing has come up. I know it's wrong, but I download a huge chunk of my music simply because there is no way for me to afford the albums I want. lol

Don't feel bad, because the country of Greece also declared bankruptcy.

Metal is not a rich man's genre. I sympathize with this.

Just search the album you want plus "blogspot" in Google, shouldn't be hard. Spanish/Portugese language sites aplenty plus a bunch of English ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.