Best mix yet! But, need pointers...

May 23, 2010
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7583100/stimvoxsswave2.wav

This is my second mix of this song with Slate drums, and all the vocals that are tracked for it so far minus a beginning part. It's a 100% improvement I think, but I definitely need pointers if anyone hears something I don't. :D

Btw, do you guys usually make new threads for new mixes, or should I stick to just one per song or something?

Really like your stuff! Some of the vocal parts sound great. Some of them sound like there was Vocaloid or something singing. Really robotic sounding.

Drums are mixed maybe little too low IMO. And I would use more room on them.

Next time please post mp3. :) CGCGCE :kickass:

I just reckoned you guys would prolly wanna hear the best sound quality possible. How do I render it down without sqaushing the shit out of it?

Wonderful... :)
Would be nice to know what guitar stuff you've used... or is it still GuitarRig3?!

I just reckoned you guys would prolly wanna hear the best sound quality possible. How do I render it down without sqaushing the shit out of it?

yeah , but when you render it as wav , no one realy hear it XD
make it mp3 format with 320kbps if you want good quality

Wonderful... :)
Would be nice to know what guitar stuff you've used... or is it still GuitarRig3?!

Yes it is. I was thinking of buying podfarm, but I don't want to be too clone-ish. I still think podfarm sounds a little better, but there is a character with Guitar Rig that I love.

Thank you all! :Spin:

Next mix I'll try posting a smaller file...hopefully the quality won't be shit. I'll have alot of time this weekend.

With the guitar sounds, if you mean just the rhythms, It's just GR3 with the ultrasonic, citrus cab, tube screamer...and whatever eq settings. i can look them up if you want. I do have an L3 for boost and some Ozone for top end eq too. Also a bit of SSL eq.

For the ambient guitars...its ALL Rocktron Intellifex. Cleans are GR3 with the jazz amp...but I'm not sold on it yet. I need to tweak more.

I agree about the drums. I think they sit in the mix fine. The main thing I am hearing right now is a few parts where vocals are a bit loud...

This sounds super clean. I'm impressed. I loved the song until the vocals came in.

To be expected. In the beginning of this project, before I hired any vocalists or started doing most of them myself...alot of people wished I would've kept it instrumental. Some didn't like the style of the other vocalists, but liked mine...and vice versa. At some point I just decided I have to do what feels right to me...so I kept on with it. When it's done, I may release an itunes version without vocals. Dunno yet.