Best Moments on Melancholy Beast.

Xendra

Hevari from Finland!
Oct 28, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Hi all you Pyramaze fans and of course the band itself!

I'm actually quite new with Pyramaze ( which i regret enormously ^^ ) but the first time I heard you made me completely stunned. How was this possible? There wasn't anything that I could compare you with. The funny thing was that the opening guitar in Legend was exactly the same that I came up some time before i got Melancholy Beast. I thought that was sooo awesome :). The overall feeling of the album was also something which I thought I would write if I would ever start a band. Absolutely amazing.

So, unfortunately I only own Melancholy Beast as Legend of the Bone Carver hasn't arrived yet, but I was wondering which are the special moments you have on Melancholy Beast. Every second of the album is pure gold, but here are my moments which are special to me:

Sleepy Hollow: There are actually two moments on this song:
First at 01:43 when Lance's voice kicks in with the harpsichord. Nothing to say about this...
Second one is a bit later at 02:11 when Lance gives that high pitched note. That always gives me a tingling sensation in my back ( we call it "Kylmät Väreet" in Finland :D )

Then comes Melancholy Beast:
At 04:41 when that amazing melody starts, i really haven't got a good music ear so I'm not sure if it's keyboard or guitar harmonics or something. Well anyway, it's heavenly!

Then Mighty Abyss:
The moment when the song speeds up at 01:25 has attached into my head. It is the best thing ever when I start making my way to school on my bike and this comes up. I can't describe it :).

So, those are in my opinion the best moments on the album. Second place goes to the rest of the album with a margin of 0.000000001 points.

Thank you Pyramaze for the great music you do, keep up the good work!

Can't wait for the live DVD!

Xendra

Hey X

Many great moments on Mel. Beast as you've mentioned.For me the intro.to & the song itself "Sleepy Hollow" is a major kick in the face! "Until We Fade Away" is great & slightly underated."The Legend" speaks for itself, maybe Pyra's best song ever when everything is said & done."The Bone Carver" is probably my fav. cd of all time. I've been around & have listened to Maiden,Queensryche, Priest, Rush. VH, et al over the years ( like many of us have). "Carver" is special, a concept that is easy to follow-yet takes you on an amazing journey w/ each track having emotion & substance! (Highlites for me are the Intro-"The Birth" , "Souls n Pain" & "Bring Back Life" & that is just the beginning). Cheers Muz!

Xendra said:
Hi all you Pyramaze fans and of course the band itself!

I'm actually quite new with Pyramaze ( which i regret enormously ^^ ) but the first time I heard you made me completely stunned. How was this possible? There wasn't anything that I could compare you with. The funny thing was that the opening guitar in Legend was exactly the same that I came up some time before i got Melancholy Beast. I thought that was sooo awesome :). The overall feeling of the album was also something which I thought I would write if I would ever start a band. Absolutely amazing.

So, unfortunately I only own Melancholy Beast as Legend of the Bone Carver hasn't arrived yet, but I was wondering which are the special moments you have on Melancholy Beast. Every second of the album is pure gold, but here are my moments which are special to me:

Sleepy Hollow: There are actually two moments on this song:
First at 01:43 when Lance's voice kicks in with the harpsichord. Nothing to say about this...
Second one is a bit later at 02:11 when Lance gives that high pitched note. That always gives me a tingling sensation in my back ( we call it "Kylmät Väreet" in Finland :D )

Then comes Melancholy Beast:
At 04:41 when that amazing melody starts, i really haven't got a good music ear so I'm not sure if it's keyboard or guitar harmonics or something. Well anyway, it's heavenly!

Then Mighty Abyss:
The moment when the song speeds up at 01:25 has attached into my head. It is the best thing ever when I start making my way to school on my bike and this comes up. I can't describe it :).

So, those are in my opinion the best moments on the album. Second place goes to the rest of the album with a margin of 0.000000001 points.

Thank you Pyramaze for the great music you do, keep up the good work!

Can't wait for the live DVD!

Xendra

Hi Xendra!

Thanks for the nice words. I'm very glad you like our music - and I'm sure if you like 'Melancholy Beast' you'll also like 'Legend of the Bone Carver'. It's nice to see that someone from Finland is posting inhere too. I like Finland, and to me it's one of the great metal countries. We need more fans in Finland, so please go spread the word :kickass:

Best,

Michael Kammeyer

:devil:

muzmaze said:
Hey X

Many great moments on Mel. Beast as you've mentioned.For me the intro.to & the song itself "Sleepy Hollow" is a major kick in the face! "Until We Fade Away" is great & slightly underated."The Legend" speaks for itself, maybe Pyra's best song ever when everything is said & done."The Bone Carver" is probably my fav. cd of all time. I've been around & have listened to Maiden,Queensryche, Priest, Rush. VH, et al over the years ( like many of us have). "Carver" is special, a concept that is easy to follow-yet takes you on an amazing journey w/ each track having emotion & substance! (Highlites for me are the Intro-"The Birth" , "Souls n Pain" & "Bring Back Life" & that is just the beginning). Cheers Muz!

Hey Muz! Thanks for your support man!

Michael.

:devil:

MEGALOUD said:
Fantastic words, thank you so much for your interest and support in the band!
Michael said it already, but I'll echo it, spread the word in Finland, love to play a fest up there next summer!

Cool, i would love it if you could make it to Tuska 2007 or to Finnish Metal Expo 2007. That would be excellent as it would be really easy for me to come there. Although I wouldn't mind if you'd perform somewhere a little farther away cause I'd still be there :).

Oh btw, I decided to order a Melancholy Beast t-shirt from the Nightmare Records shop, and I was wondering how long it would take for the shirt to arrive here in Finland.

Metal in Finland is pretty horrible, everything must be bought on the internet because they don't sell metal music or metal related stuff in shops :(