Melancholy Beast vs. Legend of the Bone Carver

SilverPhoenix

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2008
I just strated listening to Immortal and my opinions on tracks develope over time.

Meanwhile, I thought on this. I hear from everyone that Bone Carver was better than Melancholy Beast but I disagree. Does anyone think this way?

its off and on for me.

Id say Legend of The Bone Carver had some really epic solos.

What Lies Beyond just kills at that department

Though driving forward songs like Sleepy Hollow and Forsaken Kingdom are classics in their own rite.

Legend of the Bone Carver fits together better as an album, but the level of the songs on Melancholy Beast is much much higher in my opinion, and since I prefer listening to songs than to albums, I like MB a lot more than LotBC. MB is really amazing, because every single song is unbelievably great. Very, very few albums are like that (and Pyramaze just managed to do it for the second time :)).

Both are great, but Legend of the Bone Carver is my favourite album, although Mighty Abyss gets me into a Pyramaze Fan.

Hard to choose,i think i'd go for Melancholy Beast,Sleepy Hollow and The Journey are fucking amazing,argh! who am i kidding,the whole album rocked!

Melancholy Beast for me.
...Reminds me of a fully realized version of Queensryche meets Fates Warning meets Iron Maiden meets Dream Theater.
Right after the albums:

Iron Maiden - "Piece of Mind"
Queensryche - "The Warning"
Fates Warning - "Awaken the Guardian" and "No Exit"
Dream Theater - "Images and Words"

Both are great, the solos on LotBC are better but still I like MB a little more. For me, the songs on MB are somewhat catchier.

The new songs also seem not to be that catchy, but I like every single track more and more with each time I listen to it. I'm just listening to Legacy In A Rhyme, such a beautiful song!!!