Best News Ever

WHAT? FAT?

Well, that's what Bally's is for.

hiphopmidshot2.jpg

Speaking of Bally's, how come when a Bally's commercial comes on, I see all these hot chicks dancing around, and when I actually drive by Bally's, all I see is fat women? Isn't that false advertising?

I go to Bally's 3 times a week, and it's pretty much a mix. There's some heavier people, some normal people, and then there's some people who look like they live there. But so far they don't have a bar set up with Microbrewed Pale Ales on tap, so it could be better.
Maybe you're driving past the wrong Bally's. Try another one.

First, I would like to say that I think the amount of "studies" on various beverages and food items is absolutely incredible...and often contradictory...however, I have seen these "benefits of beer" articles more than once...

Ultimately, and as the article stated as well, we should have everything in moderation. Interesting how they say that beer is more beneficial than wine...I DO have a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc in the fridge, which never takes precedence over my beer...but it is excellent with fish, which I am making tomorrow;)

I had to laugh at one of the last comments made in the article...about wine products tasting better than beer...I personally would take a nice malty sweet ale over a Cabernet any day;) To each their own I guess...

I never really was into wine much, but over the past couple years, I've figured out what I like, and my tastes are starting to broaden. I started with the lighter, sweeter white wines like the Vignoles and Rieslings, and ventured into the better Pinot Grigios, Chardonnays, and Vidals. I've had a couple lighter Pinot Noirs that I liked, but I'm still not exactly fond of red wines overall.

But I just might give 'em all back for a nice cold, creamy, hop-blasted ale. Lakefront's Cream City Pale Ale is my current fave, since the Brew tour we went on there is still fresh in my mind. But all their beers are great- and Three Floyds are always bitchy good too.

I hate wine. I tried Merlot and it felt like I was drinking sand.

I'll stick to Miller Lite or a nice Crown & Coke

Honestly I never got too much into wine myself up until about a year ago. I have not tried some of the ones that you mentioned, such as the Vignoles and Rieslings, but I am big fan of Chardonnay:D . I like to complement the food I eat with a good wine more than anything...for all other occasions it's a cold one...preferably a Buttface Amber Ale from my favorite brewery. Yes, I know the name is silly, but there is a logical story behind it...and besides, it's quite funny to walk up to the waitress (Maria, you rule!!)and ask her to give you a Buttface:lol: . That reminds me...it's Tuesday! Two dollar pint night...woohoo!!

I'll have to try to make it up to the Lakefront if I head up for the In Flames/Sentenced show.

but-ls_125x129.gif

They have $2 pints on Tuesdays? Not bad. I've been there once- there's only the one RAM in Shcaumburg, right? We tried a few- the Buttface, the Red, the Blonde, and the Porter I believe. I thought there was a beer with Scotch in it, but myabe that was elsewhere. Overall, I thought they were a little watery- the Amber was good, but the Blonde didn't have much flavor, and even the porter seemed somewhat tasteless. But that was only once. Possibly a bad night, or sour taste buds.
Rieslings are sweet white German wines, and are somewhat tart/sweet, depending on the residual sugar content (which some German winemakers still put measurements for on the labels). Vignoles is a French-American hybrid grape, a mix between a Chardonnay grape and something else- it's tart/sweet, and purty damn good.

vignoles.jpg

Give me a nice cold beer over wine any day, unless it's Boone's Farm. Nothing better than a nice bottle of Strawberry Hill with a Miller lite chaser. Maybe a brandy sour old fashion, but that's it.

Man, what is it with all the Miller Lite drinkers?!? The one beer company I can't stand to drink is Miller. I don't know what it is, but none of their beers appeal to me. MGD, Lite, High Life... it's all pretty nasty to me. I'd drink Special Export Light over that stuff. At least it comes in a cool green bottle.
For cheaper/mainstream beer, I'd probably have to go with Michelob. To me, it's got a good aftertaste. Except that Michelob Ultra Low Carb Beer- I tried that, and it was totally carbonated like a soda, and tasted like they made it by pouring "concentrated beer powder" into a vat of seltzer water.

I know, there's no accounting for taste. I have none, and I know it.

I like wine quite a bit, especially when someone who *knows* what the heck they're talking about either recommends some or helps match it to food. Wine is meant to be enjoyed with fine food.

Of course, my girlfriend's a registered sommelier and related to the Mondavi family, so...

Miller Lite is my fave beer. NONE of my friends can drink it. They say it tastes like piss (how they know what piss tastes like, I don't know). THey prefer Bud Light or Coors Light, which are bitch beers.

Miller is shit. completely shit. i'd drink bud over that crap, and i dont like that either. as far as cheap mainstream domestics, ill drink original coors (made right up the highway) or killians. but i prefer newcastle, sam adams, breckenridge, and fat tire.

Originally posted by FrostGiant
"Man, what is it with all the Miller Lite drinkers?!? "

Hey, I'm just trying to support my state. Actually I drink more Leinenkugel's than anything.
Yeah, Leinenkugel's are good. But I don't know what it is about Miller that I don't like- they just don't taste too good to me.

Maybe it's a subconscious thing I have because when we went to last year's Metalfest, we tried to go to the tour and they were closed. BASTARDS!! So this year, it was Lakefront. MUCH better- support that local brewery!