Best News Ever

Originally posted by chupe666

They have $2 pints on Tuesdays? Not bad. I've been there once- there's only the one RAM in Shcaumburg, right? We tried a few- the Buttface, the Red, the Blonde, and the Porter I believe. I thought there was a beer with Scotch in it, but myabe that was elsewhere. Overall, I thought they were a little watery- the Amber was good, but the Blonde didn't have much flavor, and even the porter seemed somewhat tasteless. But that was only once. Possibly a bad night, or sour taste buds.
Rieslings are sweet white German wines, and are somewhat tart/sweet, depending on the residual sugar content (which some German winemakers still put measurements for on the labels). Vignoles is a French-American hybrid grape, a mix between a Chardonnay grape and something else- it's tart/sweet, and purty damn good.

Yes, it's the RAM in Schaumburg...which is literally almost stumbling distance from where I work:lol: . They are owned by Big Horn Brewery. I have tried most of their beers...I'm not a big fan of IPA's though, ack! But the amber I thought was good and the Chicago Blonde is good for when I feel like drinkin' like a puss:D . A beer with Scotch I have not seen there. I think you may have had a bad night there;) BUT, to each their own. Ya GOTTA love the $2 night though:headbang:

Hmmm, I'm likin' those descriptions of the sweet/tart wines:D

*sigh* Here we go with the Miller battles...

I have been known to drink MGD's when it comes to NON-brewery quality beer. I won't say it tastes like piss...but the High Life ESPECIALLY tastes like friggin' water:puke:

If I'm gonna get shit in a bottle or can, I prefer Goose Island, Special Export or Sam Adams various ales. Yummmmmmers

"but the High Life ESPECIALLY tastes like friggin' water"

THE CHAMPAIGN OF BEERS??!!? Bite your tounge. :)

Now if you want a really good beer just "unleash the beast". Nothing better than a good ol' Milwaukee's Best Light. Too bad Kingsbury aint around anymore. That was a high quality beer too.

http://www.theonion.com/onion3830/wine-appreciation_tips.html

The Onion Presents:

head_wine-appreciation_tips.gif

- Most wine experts frown upon serving a peignoir with white meat. This is primarily because a peignoir is a type of lingerie.

- In Europe, wines are named according to the region from which they come. Among the most popular are wines from the Bordeaux region of France and the Night Train region of Italy.

- When dining with friends at a restaurant, order the second-least expensive wine on the list. If on a date, order the fourth-least expensive.

- If you are uncertain whether to select a merlot or beaujolais for a spring breast-of-lamb garden dinner, avoid making a decision until we come down to beat the living crap out of you.

- Many liquor stores offer a "Try Before You Buy" program, whether they know it or not.

- When sipping wine at a Catholic eucharist, swallow quickly, before the wine undergoes the miracle of transubstantiation and you get the unpleasant taste of a mouthful of human blood.

- Distinctly fruity overtones are the mark of a good sommelier.

- The quality of a wine is inversely proportional to the viciousness of the animal depicted on the label.

- Aw, man, once in high school, my friends and I got totally ripped on this wine Eric's older brother bought for us. I don't remember the name, but it was all pineapple-flavored. That was the night we got kicked out of Arby's.

- The proper glass is crucial to wine enjoyment. Before pouring wine, thoroughly rinse out the remnants of your cherry Icee.

- When throwing a tasting party, never serve more than one category of wine. [This tip courtesy of The Guide To Sucking Every Bit Of Joy And Spontaneity Out Of Living.]

Originally posted by FrostGiant
"but the High Life ESPECIALLY tastes like friggin' water"

THE CHAMPAIGN OF BEERS??!!? Bite your tounge. :)

Now if you want a really good beer just "unleash the beast". Nothing better than a good ol' Milwaukee's Best Light. Too bad Kingsbury aint around anymore. That was a high quality beer too.
A-Busch's Natural Light is probably the southern equivalent of Beast Light. I seriously think it'd do wonders for Milwaukee's Best if they embraced the 'Beast' name and put it on the can, with a giant Bigfoot or something. They'd sell oooooodles of beer, just as a gimmick. And 'Beast Light' would make for fun cartoonish imagery as well.

In St. Louis (as mentioned in another thread, but I have no shame in repeating myself), there's Stag Beer which has a picture of a big masculine deer on it. A friend of mine who moved to New England in high school told his friends about Stag Beer, and they didn't believe him. I picked up a 40oz bottle and brought it to him when I visited out there before senior yr of high school. He was vindicated.
BNATLT.gif

fddkBeersBy_NameMilwaukees_Best_Light-resized220.gif

For the record, Miller High Life and Coors Original are the greatest non-light domestic beers. REAL manly beer. :D

I can handle Bud Light, but I prefer Miller Lite or Amstel Light.

I simply can't drink all heavy imports or microbrews. That's what makes you fat, but they are especially tasty in the fall & winter.