Best part of the moor

the whole song is perfect I think.

I notice a lot of people knock on the opening, I love it personally even if its pretty long. certain things are just better drawn out.

the whole song is perfect I think.

I notice a lot of people knock on the opening, I love it personally even if its pretty long. certain things are just better drawn out.

+1 !

Every time I read 'I skip the beginning' it astounds me. Not only is it a beautiful section but it really sets the mood for the rest of the album. I wouldn't be surprised if the same people skip the prog/'silent' bit in Floyd's Dogs. It's there, and for good reason.

+1 !

Every time I read 'I skip the beginning' it astounds me. Not only is it a beautiful section but it really sets the mood for the rest of the album. I wouldn't be surprised if the same people skip the prog/'silent' bit in Floyd's Dogs. It's there, and for good reason.
Indeed the intro warms you up for a momental 10 minutes and as you say for the rest of the album as well.There's no piece of music in this world better than that of The Moor!

I think I've shared this story before but ah well. I was in my room on pc, and my mate came in beyond fatigued and was about to crash on my bed. This was during 'There is no forgiveness..', so I warned him that he wouldn't be able to sleep to the music. He looked at me weirdly then closed his eyes. Then the brutality came back and his eyes flew open. Hilarious.

As far as vocals go:

Wearing my death-mask at BIRTH

MEEEEEEELINDA is the reason why I've come

I awoke from the MIASMAAAA
Passing swiftly through the MOOOOOOOOR

Also the whole song

The only thing that is missing from this song is more of Mikael's after-word "Uh"s that I have come to love. Still Life has so many awesome occurrences of this phenomenon, such as:

3:01 in Moonlapse Vertigo (their scorn behind your back-Uh)
0:20 in Serenity Painted Death (hibernal dream-Uh)
0:35 in Serenity Painted Death (no longer by my side-Uh)
0:58 in White Cluster (my next of kin-Uh)

;)

the intro, just as he lets loose that first growl
In the pouring rain, nothing is the same
i awoke from the miasma
and all the clean vocals too
oh and the way it ends almost unexpectidly