Best place/situation/expereince you've had listened to Opeth (not in concert)

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I was in St Maarten the week before last.

We went to Orient Beach, one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches I've ever been to. White sand, warm and clear blue water, hot breeze, palm trees (a postcard setting for someone like me from Massachusetts), many beach bars. I had ordered my rum punch from the bar we rented the chairs/umbrellas from, and was then setting up my chair for a relaxing day. I got out the iPod which I play generally on shuffle (13,000+ songs). I was still in beach set-up mode hovering around the beach chair, putiing away my stuff in a beach bag, etc. when I hit play on the iPod and the first song that came on was Crush My Soul (extended version ultramix) by Godflesh, a cool repetetive song. That song is playing still when I finally sit down on the beach chair after being "set up". A minute or so later after sitting, the guy from the beach bar delivers my rum punch to me at my chair. In my simple mind, getting handed a rum punch on a beach in the Caribbean is awesome.

I take a few sips and then sit back to first soak in my surroundings. Being that Orient beach is a clothing-optional beach, I note a few topless/naked people stroll by (honestly not that great though - should have kept their clothes on). I look out onto the blue water, and see people parasailing, riding jet skis, boating, etc. As I said above, it was like a moving picture post card. Just as I shut my eyes the 2nd song comes on which just happens to be my current favorite song, Heir Apparent. For the next nine minutes, I'm listening to Heir Apparent just after closing my eyes and taking in the scenery, with a warm Caribbean breeze and hot sun on me, and occassionally sipping on my rum punch.

Maybe it's my most current special listening experience, but right now it's my favorite.

I don't have any really memorable Opeth listening experiences, but last night it was slightly drizzling and I just went outside and lied down on the porch and closed my eyes and listened to Dark Side of the Moon at full volume. Fucking bliss.

My best Opeth listening experience was when I went camping last winter. I had just woke up at like 6 AM, and it was cold, and I sat in my chair looking over a lake and the woods listening to Deliverance. Mist was coming off the lake and it was just an awesome experience.

i usualy play some opeth when i go to sleep, once i kinda woke up in the middle of the night just when Madrigal started.. (didnt really know that song too well by then) that was pretty fuckin scary but so awesome!

but still my best experience is on a holiday where i met my girlfriend. one night, laying in the grass together, watching the stars; holding hands and stuff, and we both listened to Opeth en Porcupine Tree on my ipod, that was sweet!!

my best listening experience so far, was last summer I guess.. I was outside ,in our garden, full moon , cool breeze..I was listening to Black Rose Immortal over and over again..I felt like I'm in another world!o_O

still, four threads later, in a cottage in Norrtälje by night, with a thunderstorm outside and the worst rain that summer had to offer. it was the first time I really listened to Watershed.

I was in St Maarten the week before last.

We went to Orient Beach, one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches I've ever been to. White sand, warm and clear blue water, hot breeze, palm trees (a postcard setting for someone like me from Massachusetts), many beach bars. I had ordered my rum punch from the bar we rented the chairs/umbrellas from, and was then setting up my chair for a relaxing day. I got out the iPod which I play generally on shuffle (13,000+ songs). I was still in beach set-up mode hovering around the beach chair, putiing away my stuff in a beach bag, etc. when I hit play on the iPod and the first song that came on was Crush My Soul (extended version ultramix) by Godflesh, a cool repetetive song. That song is playing still when I finally sit down on the beach chair after being "set up". A minute or so later after sitting, the guy from the beach bar delivers my rum punch to me at my chair. In my simple mind, getting handed a rum punch on a beach in the Caribbean is awesome.

I take a few sips and then sit back to first soak in my surroundings. Being that Orient beach is a clothing-optional beach, I note a few topless/naked people stroll by (honestly not that great though - should have kept their clothes on). I look out onto the blue water, and see people parasailing, riding jet skis, boating, etc. As I said above, it was like a moving picture post card. Just as I shut my eyes the 2nd song comes on which just happens to be my current favorite song, Heir Apparent. For the next nine minutes, I'm listening to Heir Apparent just after closing my eyes and taking in the scenery, with a warm Caribbean breeze and hot sun on me, and occassionally sipping on my rum punch.

Maybe it's my most current special listening experience, but right now it's my favorite.

Pretty awesome :headbang:
The most memorable place I've listened to them is in the car on the north coast of Aruba (live here)

cruise5-43.JPG

:headbang::headbang:

poor people searching for their bikes?

they won't be having a white christmas either.

Last week, when I was picking my brother up from his gf's house at like 9pm, there was really intense heat lightning going on and I was listening to Blackwater Park... it was a cool experience.

Emm.. i don't actually remember any particular good moment, but the one that really made me go insane was when i first watched The Roundhouse Tapes on my home cinema !! OMG :kickass: My neck was hurting me for over a week

I haven't experienced any music at great spots at all. No special landscape views, no beautiful winter or forests. But I'm sure I'll take my ipod out of the house some day.

It was about 30 minutes after midnight. I wanted to listen to one last album before I went to bed, like most 'day ending albums', I decided to go with Opeth's My Arms, Your Hearse. I've always enjoyed April Ethereal, When, The Amen Corner, Demon of the Fall and Epilogue from that album. Epilogue was the last track and I've always loved listening to it while looking out my open window. But at that time I didn't like Credence and Karma very much. While listening to the album and completely getting into it, Credence came up and gave me an unusual feeling. I really liked the outro of the song, and I'd also like to add that I love the way how outros and intros kind of connect on MAYH. It was time for Karma, despide the fact that I only *like* the heavy parts of that song, I adore the soft parts of it.

To put it short: That night, I fell in love with Credence and Karma.

And when Epilogue came up, staring out of my window, at the silent night, the stars and the moon. I shed a tear.

I have never before belived in musical perfection, but it was that moment that I realised, Opeth did it. April Ethereal, the outro, the freaking outro. When, Karma and Epilogue. From that night on, I have been keeping My Arms, Your Hearse close to my heart, the one and only perfect album.

I was walking alone in the middle of winter in a cemetery in Uppsala, about an hour from Stockholm. There was fog everywhere and I was listening to Orchid or Morningrise.

Oh and listening to Damnation when there is a woman in my bed. They always love it.

My local library has a reading room designed to block out all external sound as well as dampen sounds inside the room. After studying one day, I sat down in one of the big, comfy chairs that was in the sunlight where it was warm. I closed my eyes and put on Orchid. I'd only planned to listen to a song or two before I left for the day, but I ended up staying for the whole. It was a truly sublime experience.

I have 2

Yesterday, I was at the beach. I was just chilling in my chair, watching the ocean. I listened to mostly mellow songs that were on my Ipod. When "In My Time Of Need" came on, it just suited the calmness of the crashing waves perfectly.

And the other time was a few months ago. I was playing GTA IV, just messing around with different ways to kill myself/other people. So, I had my Ipod connected to my Xbox so I can listen to music while committing several virtual homicides/suicides. Each song that came on gave me an idea. Eventually, Black Rose Immortal came on. What I did was enable a cheat that restores health and gives you a bunch of weapons. And now I start pumping round after round into civillians and cops with my shotgun. The SWAT team came, so I needed a higher ground. I spawned a Helicopter (again, cheats) and flew to a rooftop. I whipped out my RPG and started shooting helicopters (at this time, it was about 7 minutes through the song, where that awesome Spy movie-esque bass line comes in). I keep shooting away at the cops/SWAT team until they come to the rooftop and start sniping me. I get back in my helicopter and fly away. They followed me with their helicopters and I shot back at them (from 12 minutes into the song to 19 minutes into it). They weren't dying so I decided to an hero (kill myself) by crashing full speed into a building. At the same time I broke my propellers and started falling, the part at the end where Mike screams for 30 seconds straight started playing. It was perfect timing bc it seemed like he was screaming while falling to his epic death.
:heh::kickass: