Best practice amp/simulator?

I was in the market recently for a BS practice amp, and thought to myself "eh.. might as well get a spider III 15w. I'll go with that" I thought that that was prob going to be the best bang for the buck when it came to a practice amp. I went to Guitar Center with the intention of running in and out, and saw someone buying that peavy vypyr. I stopped and asked 2 GC guys what they honestly thought btwn the spider III and the vypyr.... "Oh, the spider has less effects but sounds much better than that vypyr" - Long story short, I bring the spider III in, mess about with it, and it sounds like crap without an OD pedal in front of it, and can only use 2 channels/sounds. I go back to GC with the intention of picking up an OD pedal just for the spider, and I hear some guy messing with a vypyr. It caught my ear, and I sat down with it. Def the best modeling amp Ive ever heard, I was really blown away at how natural and tube like it sounded. Great crunch channels and clean channels, tuner, effects everything. I pulled the GC guy that recommended the spider III over the vypyer, and said to him "Do you hear this ? this kills the spider. I cant believe you recommended the line 6 over this. Do you get more commisssion on Line 6 products or something !?" - HE swor up and down that this is what he really thought, that the vypyr sounded like crap compared to the spider III.

Bottom line: Peavy Vypyr 15w, best amp modeling practice amp.

Im even considering getting the 75 watt version and sanpera II pedal as a 2nd rig. Impressive...

I got a POD X3 live a couple of months ago for 150 pounds,practicaly brand new, and im using it for practice when i go to my country house.Fuck carrying gear around.
Bet you can find a pod on ebay for dirt cheap.