Best Purchase/ Suprise Purchase

The $5 Lacuna Coil bonus disk with acoustic versions (studio and radio stations), radio edits, and full videos was a great steal. Everything else I wanted I had before PP V rolled around. Next disc I'm looking forward to is the new Fates Warning.

I think the best thing I picked up was a Helloween shirt from the Better Than Raw tour. I wore it to work today and everybody was like "What the hell is that", or " "My kids would be scared of that shirt". They don't even know it's a band, and I'm like they only been around for like 20 years. Damn, I'm getting old!
Chris Caffery's Cd is also really good!

Musta spent 200 bucks on swag this year.

I picked up Prototype's TRINITY CD and it rawks.

Also, finally grabbed the last two albums Dead Soul Tribe released. Good crap.

I had my Brainstorm t's BEFORE the concert so I was one of the lucky ones going into the show with one on on the first day...And the Brainstorm t...that ROCKS too.

Creeps said:
so far I have to go with Theocracy and Threshold's Subsurface as a 2nd place. That Threshold album.... damn! That's a good listen, also one of my predictions for next year. We're do for Threshold again anyhow aren't we? hehhe
Yes!! :) Subsurface would have been my favorite if I had purchased it at PP. I've had it for a while now and am still listening to it on a regular basis. It's an incredible cd.

As for PPV purchaces, I love Dreamscape's The End of Silence as well as Tiles - Fence the Clear. I just discovered Tiles recently...I saw them in Detroit and they were incredible. I now have 2 of their cds and both are excellent. I'd love to see them at Prog Power next year.

kellsco said:
*kicks dirt* I KNEW there was something I was forgetting about.
Abydos is great...it's been in my player, at work and home, since I got back. I forgot Glass Hammer - Shadowlands, another very good one I picked up at PP.

dtfanatic said:
This CD is most definitely not power metal. :err:
Next you'll be telling me Manowar is not power metal...'Death To False Metal'

"Now people keep asking if we're going to change
I look'em in the eye
Tell'em no way
Stripes on a tiger don't wash away
Manowar's made of steel not clay"

Bryant said:
I have been meaning to buy Accept's "Metal Blast From the Past" DVD forever and just sort of forgot about it and when I saw it at one of the vendor tables I snatched it up.
It has all of the "Staying a Life" live video from Osaka 1985, all of their videos, some live clips from Bulgaria in 93, videsoshots of interviews, soundchecks, etc. bio, disco, and nine previously unreleased audio tracks etc. I should have bought this a couple of years ago.

Bryant
Hell, yes, Bryant!

Same here...saw it and snatched it up....!

Rock on!

The new Alex Skolnick Trio, Riverside, Dead Soul Tribe and Mercenary all kick ass! I can't believe Mercenary did a cover of Kent - Music Non Stop (see Swedish pop music) reminds me when Vanden Plas did some interesting covers on their album. I still haven't had time to put Ayreon or the new POS in...I will I promise!!!!

Ok...heres the list from hell. Bought a CD by a band called 1. Xystis...it is very impressive.
2.of Mine-kinda evanesscence like but not a standout.3.POS-way too long,trim the fat off the disc(talking,news reports,length of overplayed shit) and you might have a classic 4. Chris Caffery-wasn't expecting much due to the fact that Chris is singing,wasnt disappointed with the material,overall an average disc by an above average dude.His vocals were not up to par,but he did sound a shitload better live. 5. After Forever Exordium or whatever...not bad 6. Pyramaze...its Lance King 'nuff said. 7.Adagio Underworld-much better than the first,its still 2nd rate neo classical 8. LaBrie/Donahue Madmen and Sinners-sllightly above average...the fretless guitar sound just gets under my skin at times 9. All 3 Lullacry discs...average at best 10. Mind Key...another Italian band with "Potential"...proggy and...ummm...Italian sounding.----21 other discs which I havent sorted through yet,including the new Mercenary,new Flower Kings,and a few oldies...Apocrypha Eyes of Time...FUCK YEAH!
Another typical ProgPower grab bag of stuff....Is it next year yet???

TheWhisper said:
Next you'll be telling me Manowar is not power metal...'Death To False Metal'

"Now people keep asking if we're going to change
I look'em in the eye
Tell'em no way
Stripes on a tiger don't wash away
Manowar's made of steel not clay"

:yuk:

Oh hell yeah..Stride's tune on the sampler is my favorite of all of them, definitely some good stuff!

Hey everyone!

Brent and Wishmaster -- glad you liked PYRAMAZE! I was fortunate enough to see PYRAMAZE's first-ever gig together at "Minneapolis Mayhem" back in April of this year. Unfortunately the festival was SO mis-managed that PYRAMAZE ended up going up nearly an hour and a half late -- going up after the headlining band MORBID ANGEL. Only about 30 people stayed around for the set. I positioned myself at the barrier and tried to be as much crowd as I could. The guys played a killer set and made every single person feel like a million bucks. After the set, I hopped the barrier, forced my way back-stage and told the band I was taking them out for dinner. They are the nicest bunch of guys you'd ever want to meet. Michael, the guitarist, and myself have had a running email dialogue now since April. Support these guys, they are the real-deal. I told Lance, the lead singer who lives near me, that I would sponsor them for PP6 if there's an opening.

PYRAMAZE -- the next big name in power-prog metal!

Nathan
"The SwordLord"
SwordLord2003@aol.com

bassbitch said:
I picked up a CD by Brainstorm that's been kickin' my keister! Also, there were a few neat songs on one of the CD samplers (not the PPV) one.

AHHhhhhh life is good when there's lots of GREAT new Metal out there!

Which sampler? What is the band?

hahha, don't you just love vagueness! the CD sampler's at home; I'll have to look n see what it's called. I remember when I used to have cassette tapes, i used to memorize all the songs and all the lyrics; But with CDs, I just rip 'em and toss 'em into the iPod and put it on random play. The iPod has really changed the way i listen to music, both for the better and for worse.