Best real amp + impulses clip?

Its jast amp+impulse or it can be amp+Hot plate+impulse in this competition on best sound?
Couse maby when you got impulse on kranked post amp its better sounding?
How do you think?
What can tell as load/attenuators owners?

Its jast amp+impulse or it can be amp+Hot plate+impulse in this competition on best sound?
Couse maby when you got impulse on kranked post amp its better sounding?
How do you think?

You don't use a power amp at all with impulses. Impulses are added to preamp signal only, since impulses already include the power amp sound of the amp used when capturing the impulse response.

You don't use a power amp at all with impulses. Impulses are added to preamp signal only, since impulses already include the power amp sound of the amp used when capturing the impulse response.

I think that not using an actual power amp is definitely one factor in the 5% difference between a real cab and an impulse. Sure you may not be cranking the amp hard enough (depending on wattage and tube type) to get audible power tube distortion but the tubes are always producing harmonics that the impulses are not.

Yea man but, what happens when you want to use the send of your amp? Impulses are useless?

:cry:

I think that not using an actual power amp is definitely one factor in the 5% difference between a real cab and an impulse. Sure you may not be cranking the amp hard enough (depending on wattage and tube type) to get audible power tube distortion but the tubes are always producing harmonics that the impulses are not.

Yea dude, IMHO the great tone of the 5150 came a lot from the power section...presence and resonace are the keys to get a lot of popular tones

Yea dude, IMHO the great tone of the 5150 came a lot from the power section...presence and resonace are the keys to get a lot of popular tones

Unless the impulse was made with a similar type of power section sound! (or even a 5150 with the P/R controls exactly where you want 'em! :loco: )

Touchy touchy dude, I was just kidding! :wave: You're reputation for proficiency at the English language is secure :)

And I was too lazy to copy/paste an accented "e" in there, btw :D

It's "Your" by the way. "You're" would mean "You are".

Sorry, after the dig you made at Hack, I had to step in and help him out :p.

Jesus, it wasn't a "dig," I was just letting the dawg know with a chuckle (if you had horrible B.O., for example, wouldn't YOU want someone to tell you about it? :D) - and yes, you're absolutely right, the your/you're has always been the bane of my existence, because it's so hard to break the "apostrophe for possessives" habit that's so ingrained (see also, it's/its).

Jesus, it wasn't a "dig," I was just letting the dawg know with a chuckle (if you had horrible B.O., for example, wouldn't YOU want someone to tell you about it? :D) - and yes, you're absolutely right, the your/you're has always been the bane of my existence, because it's so hard to break the "apostrophe for possessives" habit that's so ingrained (see also, it's/its).

I was just joking dude, chill :p.

Recabinet demo comes out in a week, then the full version a week after that. I look forward to hearing what you guys can do as far as clips using it. The really good ones may make the official site and you will get credited. More on that soon. :)

Recabinet demo comes out in a week, then the full version a week after that. I look forward to hearing what you guys can do as far as clips using it. The really good ones may make the official site and you will get credited. More on that soon. :)

Sweet i can't wait to try it.

Ermin

It might not be the best tone, but if you are interested in how close an Impulsed tone can sound to a Mic'd tone here is a comparison of Mic'd cab versus Impulse I did the other day. .[/B]

I agree..that tone is so plastic and distortion pedal sounding it doesnt do impulses justice. I have heard impulses sound indistinguishable from the real cab on bland rhythms. The only time they dont is when are done wrong or there is considerable Mic overloading. Unfortunately for impulses, mic overloading happens almost all the time in rock and metal. Many people dont hear it but its just one of those elements that make something sound real. It shows up on squeals and strong pitch bends the most but can be heard anytime the dynamics exceed the mics capsule. Also, Many of you have probably noticed the little thuds that hit the mic are gone in single string playing

The only way to really test how good impulses is through tasty single string playing. IMO..it doesnt matter what you do if you are stacking the same old repetitive rhythm. There is really nothing to notice because it mushes together. But for the guys with real tone in their hands..its gonna be a while before someone writes a convincing algorithm to go along with the impulse that exposes the little dynamic thuds and mic overloading that occur with the real thing..but when they do its gonna be sweet:headbang:

This isnt a knock. But I think it should be clarified that when someone says impulses are identical..we must point out "what" it sounds identical on.