Best Riff Of 2008???

Really hard to choose as it depends on my mood/level of intoxication but..

Forefather - Cween of the Mark @ 1:00 is great when drunk.

I'm not really a fan of Meshuggah at all but one of the first things that came to mind was the intro to Bleed. That shit sounds like pissed off mountains fighting each other or something.

The intro to Chaos Star by Unearthly Trance.

The Rotted - Kissing You With My Fists @ 1:45. I would never have expected something this melodic from them a few years ago.

Origin - The Aftermath @ well, the intro, the sweeping riff and the one prior to it all own.

The best riffs so far of the year are definitely on Spite Extreme Wing's Vltra, which is also by far my favourite album of the year. Couldn't pick one riff from this album without having to mention atleast 20 more.

Its tops on my best albums of the year list. I wasn't really big on it when I first heard it, but it seems like every album I've listened to that has come out this year has grown on me with more and more listens.

i dunno about the best riff (especially since the year's not over fucknuts, way too early for these threads) but I already have my candidate for worst thread.

Best Riff of 2007 would make more sense, but I just add a mental "so far" instead of all the needless question marks, and I'm set.

i kinda agree about the averse sefira thing but they have awesome riff after riff and they are all really great. even though they are so mainstream they are making a huge run for album of the year. they are one of the few examples of a band bringing it up a notch instead of stagnating or becoming horrible like nachtymystium.