best show you have ever been to? (music-wise)

Morgana Lefay at Chicago Powerfest, 2005
Freak Kitchen at ProgPower USA, 2006
Savatage, The Wake of Magellan tour, 1998 at the Metro in Chicago
Dio, Magica tour, 2000 at Harpo's in Detroit
Enertia, 2003 in the middle of a cornfield in Chesterton, Indiana

and last but not least:

Nile, Black Seeds of Vengeance tour, 1999 at Harpo's in Detroit... first time I ever saw a girl flash her boobs at a concert, and it was for NILE, of all bands. :lol:

Morgana Lefay at Chicago Powerfest, 2005
Ah yes, I had thought of this for my list but figured I had to leave a few off, lest someone just have to comment on how many shows are listed, but this truly was an amazing time that I will never forget! I didn't know much about the band at that point, but became an instant fan after their performance. That's only happened one other time - Halford.

BADLANDS @ The Roxy in Atlanta 1991...I never imagined this would be the last time I would ever see Ray Gillen. I also saw Glenn Hughes in attendance that night (before he sobered up); unfortunately, Glenn hid out in the balcony all night, never making his presence known, even though Ray asked from the stage several times if Glenn was there, begging Glenn to please come up and jam, etc.

BLACK SABBATH @ The Civic Center in Atlanta 1986...The main reason I went to this show was to see Glenn Hughes; the show starts, and some guy I've never seen before comes walking out...I'm pissed because this guy is NOT Glenn Hughes...this guy grabs the mic, and begins to WAIL...I find out later the guy's name is Ray Gillen...I'm instantly a huge Ray Gillen fan

Honorable mentions to each and every time I've ever seen Iron Maiden, Savatage, and TestAmenT

You've stole my heart without even trying :) Ray Gillen is a vocal god that got taken away from us way too early. :erk:

~Brian~

The best two shows that my young ears and eyes have experienced thus far are:

Queensryche, Dream Theater, and Fates Warning in Atlanta 2003

and

Weapons of Mass Destruction (Savatage) PPV :worship:

~Brian~

Milli Vanilli - They sounded exactly like the CD!

But seriously, Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory tour in Tokyo was probably my favorite. Closely followed by Joe Satriani in 1997...

5/29/1983 The US Festival Day of Metal
usfestivalcrowd.jpg

can you find me LOL I'm next to the speaker tower on the left :lol:

11/05/1990 Judas Priest, Megadeth, Testament

The Uli Sky show a couple weeks ago, hella great line up and amazing set list!

I am gonna go wayyyyyyyyy back for this.

1. Soft Machine, Amboy Dukes(Ted Nugent), Jimi Hendrix Experience - Atlanta (Fox Theater????)

2, Hydra, The Bushmen, Marshall Tucker Band, and Allman Brothers Band - Atlanta, Grant Park

3. Pink Floyd - 1994 Division Bell tour Sun Bowl El Paso Texas

4. Robin Trower, Slade - Olympic Stadium Munich Germany, 1974

Best shows for me:

1. Kiss "Hot In The Shade" 1990, Johnstown, PA War Memorial. They've never even come close to touching the calibur of that show!

2. Saxon "Unleash The Beast" 1998, The Penny Arcade, Rochester NY. Best club show I've ever seen!

3. Great White 199? Fiddlestyx in Milton PA. Total atmosphere show. Great vibe!

4. Saigon Kick 199? Fiddlestyx. What a great band this was!

5. Dirty Looks everywhere and anywhere I've seen them. This band fucking rocks.

1. Rush - Hold The Fire tour
2. Trouble/Candlemass - Bravewords Bloody Knuckles
3. Saxon - Bloodstock UK
4. Edguy - PPIII
5. Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance Tour
6. ZZ Top - Eliminator Tour

Honorable Mention

Ozzy Osbourne (w/Randy Roades) at Toledo Sports Arena
Meatloaf - Toledo Speedway Jam (and I wasn't even big Meatloaf fan):kickass:

Worst Show ever
Alvin Lee opening for Black Sabbath

Best shows for me:

1. Kiss "Hot In The Shade" 1990, Johnstown, PA War Memorial. They've never even come close to touching the calibur of that show!

2. Saxon "Unleash The Beast" 1998, The Penny Arcade, Rochester NY. Best club show I've ever seen!

3. Great White 199? Fiddlestyx in Milton PA. Total atmosphere show. Great vibe!

4. Saigon Kick 199? Fiddlestyx. What a great band this was!

5. Dirty Looks everywhere and anywhere I've seen them. This band fucking rocks.

dude i love saigon kick!

Hydra actually did a reunion gig a few months ago...naturally, I found out about it after the fact :mad:

Holy Shit!!!!!! My boys Spencer, Wayne, Trip and Steve what a band, I would have loved to have seen them.

I've seen Uncle Ted many, many times, but would've killed to have seen him with the Amboy Dikes.:headbang:

Man it was awesome, they had just released "Journey to the Center of the Mind" and Ted was what 16 years old, and when they finished their set I though Damn how can Hendrix top that, well you know the answer to that. To see both of them Hendrix and Nugent together on the same stage was something to remember.