Best sounding FX plug-ins?

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I don't do much work with FX, but I'm looking to dabble a bit more and change that soon.

Which plug-ins do you guys really like for chorusing, flanging, phasing, tremolo, lo-fi, crackle, distortion etc. etc.?

I'm just looking for the best quality sound out there.

Cheers!

usually using the ones that come with PT8...before that Cubase4.

I'm really anal about good sounding comps, EQ and reverb, but for stuff like flanger, phaser, dist etc I'll just work with anything

I can't say much about many plugins, haven't used much besides free stuff. BUT..

For reverb, Nebula, but only if you're using it in a mix and only if you don't mind paying the premium for seemingly uncharted territory. It's not the most common plugin ever, so it takes a bit of courage. You pretty much can't track with it reliably. Too CPU-costly. But, it's the only reverb I find myself WANTING to use, and plus it's great for EQ.

For distortion, Trash. Trash is such a goddamn powerful plugin. It models everything from amps to cabs to bad solder to broken transistors to telephones to whatever. I love to judge a plugin by its presets, and I was impressed with them when I first toyed with it. After I learned that creating your own patches is much more powerful, my mind was blown. You MUST try it.

*Slaps self* I must have completely spaced out when I was in this thread before, because I forgot to mention SoundToys. Check these out for sure, they will have exactly what you're looking for. The only one I haven't tried by them is echoboy, but the others are mint. They are used pretty extensively on the Nine Inch Nails records and if their effects don't sound good enough for you then I don't really know what to tell ya :lol: I'm sure you will be impressed with these.

Yeah man I would love to get the SoundToys ones but they are a bit too dear, hence why I made the thread. I suppose I should save up.

I heard EchoBoy btw and for that plug-in alone the bundle is worth it! So many effects, so many possibilities, it's unreal.

Yeah man I would love to get the SoundToys ones but they are a bit too dear, hence why I made the thread. I suppose I should save up.

I heard EchoBoy btw and for that plug-in alone the bundle is worth it! So many effects, so many possibilities, it's unreal.
I would have been far more surprised if it was just OK. Their other stuff has impressed me a lot!

It going to sound crazy, but I pretty much use Gearbox for all my FX stuff, especially for vocals. I love it.

Akira Yamaoka rules man!!! He's a great composer and I love his music,either industrial or trip-hop ore evn more melodic. Thanks for the info about Sonitex! Does anyone knows what other plugins is he using for those strange industrial noises-tones? Is he using BFD for drum programming or other samples (Alesis or whatever)?