best support band

baldyboy said:
i cant believe that slayer supported pantera!!!
i remember reading years ago about the clash of the titans tour in the u.s,where megadeth ,anthrax and slayer all took turns to headline,but someone pointed out that slayer had more headline slots than the other two bands.even mustaine with his ego wasnt bothered about it at all.
when he was asked about it,tom araya simply said-"well,would you want to follow us?"and its true,they are fucking awsome live.i saw them 0on the british leg of the tour with megadeth,testament and suicidal tendancies.i loved testament to death then,and megadeth had just released rust in peace,my fave album of thiers,but slayer were a class above them all.no one should follow them.live they rule absolutely. :worship: :worship: :headbang:

I'll tell you exzactly how Pantera got away with it, it was all a matter of volume example Slayer was turned up to say 6 while Pantera was on 10 .....But yes Slayer ruled as did Pantera awsome show I was glad to see it :)

I would love to see Testament one of my all time favorites there

JonnyD said:
I would love to see Testament one of my all time favorites there

i've only seen testament live twice,first on the practise what you preach tour.that was a cool gig,they had xentrix-one of my fave bands,and britains best thrash band,a band called horse,who had just done an album called screwed blued and tattoo'd,they were totally misplaced at this gig,and another band called mortal sin supporting them.
the sound teatament had at that gig was just amazing-when they played the ballad i had goosepimples.it was awsome.
clash of the titans wasnt so good for them,thier sound sucked,but they still performed v.v.well.chuck billy is just a monster on stage-the guy is fuckin huge!!!!!

baldyboy said:
i've only seen testament live twice,first on the practise what you preach tour.that was a cool gig,they had xentrix-one of my fave bands,and britains best thrash band,a band called horse,who had just done an album called screwed blued and tattoo'd,they were totally misplaced at this gig,and another band called mortal sin supporting them.
the sound teatament had at that gig was just amazing-when they played the ballad i had goosepimples.it was awsome.
clash of the titans wasnt so good for them,thier sound sucked,but they still performed v.v.well.chuck billy is just a monster on stage-the guy is fuckin huge!!!!!

I used to have a Xentrix cd it was a live disc .... had them doing the Ghostbusters song I'll never forget that lol, The first time I saw Megadeth it was like that They were cool to see but the acoustics in the building really sucked and made them sound like total shit,which was a major let down ya know it was fucking Megadeth for the first time grrrr lol that was back In '98 .... but yeah Testament would be cool :) Hes a big Fukin Indian I bet hes a monster ... that definetly is one of those things I would like to see before I die :headbang:

Did any one see Jag Panzer open on the Iced Earth tour a few years ago? Now that was something. They are an amazing live band. Another great suppourt act that I saw was Symphony X on the Blind Guaridan tour.

JonnyD said:
I used to have a Xentrix cd it was a live disc .... had them doing the Ghostbusters song I'll never forget that lol, The first time I saw Megadeth it was like that They were cool to see but the acoustics in the building really sucked and made them sound like total shit,which was a major let down ya know it was fucking Megadeth for the first time grrrr lol that was back In '98 .... but yeah Testament would be cool :) Hes a big Fukin Indian I bet hes a monster ... that definetly is one of those things I would like to see before I die :headbang:

they still play quite a lot jonnyd-pretty much every festival bill you ever see has testament playing.they are cool to see live.he is a fuckin monster performer live.
every time i've seen megadeth,the sound has been a bit crappy for them-i'm not sure whether its the venue or the band.the guitar sound is always a bit weedy.good for solos,but not rythmn

baldyboy said:
and another band called mortal sin supporting them.

Baldy, you saw Mortal Sin live???!!!!!!!!!! Is that the Mortal Sin from Australia? Man, those guys kicked ass. We need to add a track by them to the Metal Shards disc.

baldyboy said:
yep the aussie band.they were good-very pacy if i remember rightly.i think i brought an album of thiers after seeing them.christ knows where it is now.i'll have a look for you greeno.

DUDE!!!! I am sooo jealous!!! Their first album (Mayhemic Destruction) is great! They were very much influenced by early Metallica but they still had a vibe of their own...... crap, I gotta dig that cd out right now!!! I'm guessing you saw them around the time of the second or maybe third album, which are good but a little too polished sounding. I wonder if Tropper knows anything about them?

Greeno said:
DUDE!!!! I am sooo jealous!!! Their first album (Mayhemic Destruction) is great! They were very much influenced by early Metallica but they still had a vibe of their own...... crap, I gotta dig that cd out right now!!! I'm guessing you saw them around the time of the second or maybe third album, which are good but a little too polished sounding. I wonder if Tropper knows anything about them?

cant give you an exact timeframe for it greeno,i think the gig was in 1990.they were good,but they still got blown away by testament that night.nothing stood before them,they ruled!funnily enough,i'm listening to practise what you preach as i'm writing this,fuck-envy life YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!.that growl is so cool.john tardy would be proud of that.
dont know if mortal sin would be troopers bag,but i guess there arnt that many aussie bands,so maybe he does! ;)

Yeah, Mortal Sin was not on the level of Testament, but for a small Aussie band they kicked some ass. If you saw them in 1990 that would have been on the later albums.