Best Band Ever

Griffin- said:
Manilla Road

but haven't we had this topic twice before..

Many times, all newbies came and post it again :tickled:

sixxswine said:
Don't you mean "Up the Irons?!" Whatever the hell that means...

It means a group of golfers just made a hole in one :lol:

Best Band Ever goes to...

SLAYER

Why? If you really need to ask, you shouldnt be on this board :headbang:

Slayer??? Why because they have released the same albums over and over and playd the same solos over and over for 20 years.
Maiden while a great band has similar redundentcy as Slayer. But I absolutely lost Maiden so whatever. Overkill is def. a favorite of mine and has released solid quality albums year in and year out. InFlames is my favorite band ever though, they have changed syyles many times som for the better some for the worse but I am always happy with their product. Savatage has released many great albums while changing themselves so evolution is a great factor in considering the greatest band ever. I think slayer is the most one dimensional band ever.More so than the Misfits, even though i love the Misifts as well. The Ramone progressed more than Slayer. Metallica evolved but suck beceause of it.

I personally dont think their has been a best band ever because every band in its existence has brought something to the plate that somebody either did before and have made it better or prresented a new idea for others to improve upon. The stones,Ac/Dc, Kiss, hendrix, Zepplin, The beatles, The Who, skynard , Elvis, Rock , Jazz, big band, punk, metal, Sabbath all brought ideas that others have followed or improved upon so whos the genuis the inventor or the prodigy who takes the inventors ideas further. Everything influences something else.

Savatage is #1 for me. Been listening to them since Power of the Night came out and I still love them. Even with the revolving door of musicians that have been in the band I have liked the way they progressed thoughout the years. I think I am in the minority because I like the old and new Tage. Most people I meet either like one or the other for the most part. I think Jon Oliva is one of the best musician/songwriters ever. He may not be the best "technically" vocal wise, but something comes through very real and emotional in his voice. Gives me chills on certain songs! They are a great live band also.

Winner, Slayer is up there too. They probably are the best live band I have ever seen. They always put on a great show, even now. I have seen them probably a dozen times and never was dissapointed. Last time they came through they did the whole Reign in Blood album as an encore. I about shit myself. That show killed!

SavaRon said:
Savatage is #1 for me. Been listening to them since Power of the Night came out and I still love them. Even with the revolving door of musicians that have been in the band I have liked the way they progressed thoughout the years. I think I am in the minority because I like the old and new Tage. Most people I meet either like one or the other for the most part. I think Jon Oliva is one of the best musician/songwriters ever. He may not be the best "technically" vocal wise, but something comes through very real and emotional in his voice. Gives me chills on certain songs! They are a great live band also.

I'm in that Minority with ya Dude! I love both Old and New Savatage .. Anything a Oliva Boy does is gold to me! Jon Oliva could Shit in a cd case and I would Rate it in my top 10 for the year :D I love Savatage man Them and Overkill have always been my Favorite bands and they always will be ... Jon has some of the Best most emotional and Beautiful Clean Vox I have ever heard That Motherfucker can make ya cry ... I mean shit at PPUSA V I had waited so long to see anykind of Savatage type thing I was very emotional ofcourse I kept it to myself but Damn man Jon was up there just him and his keyboard it was awsome brought tears to me eyes Just a magical voice ... and I have buried several friends to "Somewhere in time/Alone you breath" from TWOM

I just hope Savatage record something again. The last I heard is they are going to do something for the 25th anniversary. I think Jon said they are going to try and get most of the past members to play something on it. That would be killer, but it looks like it won't happen until late 2006 or 2007. That will be like 6-7 years between albums. I have a feeling it will be their swan song. I hope not but it doesn't look very good. :erk:

SavaRon said:
I just hope Savatage record something again. The last I heard is they are going to do something for the 25th anniversary. I think Jon said they are going to try and get most of the past members to play something on it. That would be killer, but it looks like it won't happen until late 2006 or 2007. That will be like 6-7 years between albums. I have a feeling it will be their swan song. I hope not but it doesn't look very good. :erk:
I hate to say, but you are probably correct, my Sava friend. The rift between Jon and Paul O'Neill continues to grow and Paul legally owns the Savatage name. That's why Jon just said, "fuck it, I'm going solo". There will be one more Savatage album, I'm pretty sure of that. But I do believe it will be their last. :(

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I hate to say, but you are probably correct, my Sava friend. The rift between Jon and Paul O'Neill continues to grow and Paul legally owns the Savatage name. That's why Jon just said, "fuck it, I'm going solo". There will be one more Savatage album, I'm pretty sure of that. But I do believe it will be their last. :(

Sorry short burst of rage ..... WHY THE FUCK DOES THAT DOUCHE BAG OWN THE NAME?....

Though Tage Mahal is Great so its mostly Ok

I probably should have given honorable mentions to Vanden Plas (my favorite band that is currently releasing albums) and Tad Morose as well. Urban Breed (Tad Morose vocalist) might be the best live front-man I have ever seen and I have seen some great ones.

Bryant

JonnyD said:
Sorry short burst of rage ..... WHY THE FUCK DOES THAT DOUCHE BAG OWN THE NAME?....
Well, I'm not sure of all the details myself but it probably it happened back at a time when Jon and Paul were on much better terms. I'm thinking it all happened around the Edge of Thorns album, with Jon leaving the band (as singer anyway) and Criss being killed in that car accident. Somebody's name had to be on the Atlantic contract, and Paul probably seemed like the best choice at the time. Who knew at that time that Savatage would spawn mega-successfulTrans-Siberian Orchestra and Paul would toss the 'Tage aside like an ugly red-headed step-child.

Again, don't take this as gospel, because I'm just piecing various bits of converstation together. All parties involved are remaining quite tight-lipped regarding the subject. However, no one is denying that Paul does in fact own the Savatage name and the band can't move forward until he says so.