Best SYL cd!

I wouldn't go THAT far but i have to admit City is 'wow' whereas SYL really gets more and more boring .... until to the point of no return .

City and SYL are both just fucking great albums, but I think City spends a little more time in my cd player than SYL.
But then I gotta say that SYL is one of the heaviest albums I´ve ever heard. Some bands might seemingly play heavier stuff but none of them give me the same kicks as I get from SYL. Strapping young Lad albums have almost a therapeutic value. When I feel fucked I just pop City or SYL into my cd player and let the music torture all the idiots to death! :devil:

Pieless said:
City, obviously. Anyone who doesn't pick it is WRONG AND SHOULD BE SHOT! :wave:

and anyone who say things like that should be banned. been said before and will be said again , all SYL records are different and SYL flows much better than city as well as city flows better than HAARHT. theres still some ppl who have the very 1st album as a favorite , since they all completelly rule it goes on by taste when it comes to choose 1 album out of 3 that are all pure pieces of genius , it dosent matter.

strapping.jpg

CITY r0X0RZZZ ALL OHTERSS SUX0RZzz

actually lately i think syl is more to my liking than city, I just like the feel of it better.

though city IS a classic, can't deny that.

and the first album used to bother me, i just didn't like it.. but after a few years its grown on me and its as awesome as the rest, in its own way

The best SYL cd is "physicist"...Oh Shit !!!
it's not a SYL cd ???? For me it will do it :cool:

Chromatose said:
CITY r0X0RZZZ ALL OHTERSS SUX0RZzz

actually lately i think syl is more to my liking than city, I just like the feel of it better.

though city IS a classic, can't deny that.

and the first album used to bother me, i just didn't like it.. but after a few years its grown on me and its as awesome as the rest, in its own way

When I first heard City I thought my ears were being flossed with razor wire, it had that much of an impact. Even now, I feelthe effects of listening to it. A pinnacle of controlled utter agressive force.

Heavy... is rather too random and directionless, although a good indicator of things to come (with a lot of decent stuff) it doesn't compare.

SYL, you can tell it was realeased years after City, doesn't have the full force of City imho.

I don't consider live records in this sort of thing, so No Sleep... isn't in the running (despite Far Beyond Metal :))

oldlyonfreak said:
they are both different. "City" sounds more industrial, and "SYL" sounds more "trash". But after months of listening, I finally prefere the last one, beacuse listening to SYL now, it's like kick any other metal bands asses...No band sounds heavier, also the melodic parts are awesome ("force fed")

You are a damn genius. B :hotjump: but i like Aftermath the best

OK, though i haven't heard the debut, and I basically worshiped 'SYL' album since i bought it in April, i have to say 'City' destroys 'SYL.' THe album just slays!