Best Voices In Metal...

Never have been a big John Bush fan, especially with anthrax songs. Joey has a much bigger range and can pull off just about any style of vocal. Bush is very one dimensional

All,that being said I wouldn't put Joey on a top 10 list either.

Phil Anselmo should be on there, good to see Max Cavalera on there.

Never have been a big John Bush fan, especially with anthrax songs. Joey has a much bigger range and can pull off just about any style of vocal. Bush is very one dimensional

All,that being said I wouldn't put Joey on a top 10 list either.

Phil Anselmo should be on there, good to see Max Cavalera on there.

Well, I think Joey is the one-dimensional singer. But aside from that---we disagree on the merits of JB or JB----Phil Anselmo? Really. I always thought he was one step above the death metal grunters for the most part. He excelled for that niche of tough guy hardcore, but a true singer? Hmmm, for me, not so much. Bruce Dickinson should be #1. But it's all opinions and fun and games.....GO JB!

Well, I think Joey is the one-dimensional singer. But aside from that---we disagree on the merits of JB or JB----Phil Anselmo? Really. I always thought he was one step above the death metal grunters for the most part. He excelled for that niche of tough guy hardcore, but a true singer? Hmmm, for me, not so much. Bruce Dickinson should be #1. But it's all opinions and fun and games.....GO JB!

I guess if it is the voice only and not the overall stage presence etc yeah anselmo wouldn't probably go on there,though his voice was really good on cowboys from hell

As for Joey, he sounds way different on among the living than he does on persistence of time, can do rush, acdc, journey, and sounds great doing many different vocal styles. Bush could never do that. As a pure voice Joey is far superior IMO.

I guess if it is the voice only and not the overall stage presence etc yeah anselmo wouldn't probably go on there,though his voice was really good on cowboys from hell

As for Joey, he sounds way different on among the living than he does on persistence of time, can do rush, acdc, journey, and sounds great doing many different vocal styles. Bush could never do that. As a pure voice Joey is far superior IMO.

We agree to disagree. And, for the record, I do think Joey is a very good singer. Hands down, the best of the big 4. No discussion at all.

Phil? Again, we all have opinions, I just never thought much about his "style". Good, sure. Great, nah. Again, I only have one album by them, and listened to three. Just was never my thing. One of those bands I liked but never cracked the top 5.

Bush, for me strides the fine line of being melodious, while having underlying depth, gravitas and growl. Never being a "cookie monster" or Anselmo clone, can do it all (barring the ultra-high notes). Hearing "March of the Saint" for the 1st time sealed it for me. Bush rules. Especially a nice shaven Bush.

Only Dickinson transcends da Bush, for me.

Anselmo is a living legend,I really like that he sings more now and I thought reinventing the steel showcased how good he was,bush is good but is very limited vocally,as u have seen on acoustic version of safe hOme for eg,belladonna however can do pretty much anything from straight forward serious singing plus all the slow stuff to low and the highs

We agree to disagree. And, for the record, I do think Joey is a very good singer. Hands down, the best of the big 4. No discussion at all.

Phil? Again, we all have opinions, I just never thought much about his "style". Good, sure. Great, nah. Again, I only have one album by them, and listened to three. Just was never my thing. One of those bands I liked but never cracked the top 5.

Bush, for me strides the fine line of being melodious, while having underlying depth, gravitas and growl. Never being a "cookie monster" or Anselmo clone, can do it all (barring the ultra-high notes). Hearing "March of the Saint" for the 1st time sealed it for me. Bush rules. Especially a nice shaven Bush.

Only Dickinson transcends da Bush, for me.

Phil's voice I can see you not liking it for whatever reason, but as far as frontmen go, he is without a doubt one of the greatest metal frontmen of all time. I don't know a vocalist that has been more imitated then him. When Phil was in his prime he absolutely owned his audiences

Don't wanna stir shit up, but what Joey actually proved on WM was that it's always good to hype up a "classic lineup reunion" album. Nothing more. He sang melodies made by someone else for someone else and lyrics written by someone else for someone else, in a very mediocre way at its best.

He sang melodies made by someone else for someone else and lyrics written by someone else for someone else, in a very mediocre way at its best.

But hasn't he always sang someone else's lyrics and melodies? I'm under the impression that Charlie and Scott do the majority of the writing. I don't see how this would be in any way negative. I hear nothing "mediocre" about his performance. Joey did a GREAT job on Worship Music regardless of who wrote the lyrics.

And, I thought John was equally great in his performances with Anthrax over the years.

Don't wanna stir shit up, but what Joey actually proved on WM was that it's always good to hype up a "classic lineup reunion" album. Nothing more. He sang melodies made by someone else for someone else and lyrics written by someone else for someone else, in a very mediocre way at its best.

thats pretty harh man,he pulled anthrax outta of a huge fucking hole and he totally owned it,for sure a basic template was there but dan aint joeys bootlace,jay ruston also had alot do do with how joey layed the vocals down,to say he did an ordinary job is pretty odd