Best Voices In Metal...

I knew some of the guys from this band. They had a nice start in their career and got to tour the world with bunch of top bands like Morbid Angel, Napalm, Carcass..etc

There really isnt any great kick ass metal bands today like there used to be. This band Revenant really kicks the shit out of bands today with a 500 lb sludge hammer.

Listen to this whole song. BRUTAL !!!

They only put out 2 CD's and a EP I think. This whole CD shreds

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce & Dio are there by default.

Taking a broad view with metal alongside hard rock, etc.

Geoff Tate back in early Queensryche was superb. Deserves that spot.
I'll also add Michael Sweet from Stryper who still has one of the very best vocal ranges in music period (if you prefer the operatic style versus the growler that is).
Can't believe Robert Plant isn't on that list.

Also if you consider them part of the Metal community how come no Mike Patton - one of the ultimate and most dynamic vocalists ever in my book. Can do it all.

Mike Patton has such a unique voice with all the bands he's been in. I have not really heard anything from him in years

He's done some amazing work with his own solo projects - 1960s Italian pop with Mondo Cane and also the recent Tomahawk album.

He's brilliant.

1 to 5 on that list should be "Best Crooners in Metal". Seriously the list stops at, what, 1984? :lol:

John Bush deserves his 8, that's one of the few I don't disagree with. But the following should be there:
Bjorn Strid - Soilwork
Anders Friden - In Flames
Christian Machado - Ill Nino
Corey Taylor - Anthrax for a few hours among others

But my no. 1, if you could choose an era of a vocalist's career, would be James Hetfield circa 1986-87:kickass:

@TheMedication I've seen Corey live a few times now at a few Soundwaves and he has a great set of lungs especially with the range he sings in Stone Sour - don't care too much for his Slipknot screamo voice.