Best Voices In Metal...

Don't wanna stir shit up, but what Joey actually proved on WM was that it's always good to hype up a "classic lineup reunion" album. Nothing more. He sang melodies made by someone else for someone else and lyrics written by someone else for someone else, in a very mediocre way at its best.

And you seriously think Bush would have made these songs better? Give me a break and give Joey some fukin credit for reviving this band from the grave. Joey sounds stellar on the new album and sounds better than he ever has live right now.

And you seriously think Bush would have made these songs better? Give me a break and give Joey some fukin credit for reviving this band from the grave. Joey sounds stellar on the new album and sounds better than he ever has live right now.

He did revive this band but as I've said before. They probably wouldn't have sold as much copies with John because the hype wouldn't have been there but I still think majority of the songs on WM would have suited his voice better.

He did revive this band but as I've said before. They probably wouldn't have sold as much copies with John because the hype wouldn't have been there but I still think majority of the songs on WM would have suited his voice better.

FTFY: It wouldn't have sold as many copies because most think Anthrax is pretty horrible with Bush.

Don't wanna stir shit up, but what Joey actually proved on WM was that it's always good to hype up a "classic lineup reunion" album. Nothing more. He sang melodies made by someone else for someone else and lyrics written by someone else for someone else, in a very mediocre way at its best.

This is false I think, from what I remember Joey changed the melodies and vocals on WM from the Nelson version to accommodate him.

Phil's voice I can see you not liking it for whatever reason, but as far as frontmen go, he is without a doubt one of the greatest metal frontmen of all time. I don't know a vocalist that has been more imitated then him. When Phil was in his prime he absolutely owned his audiences

Yeah totally agree. Anselmo is a great vocalist imo, but it's his live frontman performance where he is unsurpassed (when he wasn't stoned off his head that is).

No he didn't. Just listen to the old live tracks.

Ya know, I don't really care. He could sing it with the identical phrasing and melody for all I care because he does it much, much better than any other Anthrax vocalist, whether that be Turbin, Nelson or Bush.

Had they released this album with Nelson singing, it would have bombed. Crashed and burned. Had they released it with Bush, it would have done a bit better but still would have bombed. And neither version would sound good either.

Belladonna is the classic Anthrax vocalist. It doesn't matter whether you agree with it or not. Most Anthrax fans and metal fans prefer Belladonna and that is just the way it is.

Ya know, I don't really care. He could sing it with the identical phrasing and melody for all I care because he does it much, much better than any other Anthrax vocalist, whether that be Turbin, Nelson or Bush.

Had they released this album with Nelson singing, it would have bombed. Crashed and burned. Had they released it with Bush, it would have done a bit better but still would have bombed. And neither version would sound good either.

Belladonna is the classic Anthrax vocalist. It doesn't matter whether you agree with it or not. Most Anthrax fans and metal fans prefer Belladonna and that is just the way it is.

Truth!

The basic structure of the music remained the same but there was some re-writing of leads, melodies, etc. once Joey joined in the re-recording / reproduction of the WM album. I heard the DanThrax versions of some of the WM songs and wasn't all that impressed (raspier version of Bush w/ Anselmo frontman imitation live,,ehhh) There's a major difference in the vocal melodies, harmonies and arrangements by Joey. Also, the other guy didn't originally sing (co-write) In the End, which was co-written with Joey originally and hailed by lots of casual / non-Anthrax fans as the best song on the album. I couldn't even imagine Dan having that vocal range on a song like In the End. JB really brought WM to life from the DanThrax versions I heard.

But hasn't he always sang someone else's lyrics and melodies? I'm under the impression that Charlie and Scott do the majority of the writing. I don't see how this would be in any way negative. I hear nothing "mediocre" about his performance. Joey did a GREAT job on Worship Music regardless of who wrote the lyrics.

And, I thought John was equally great in his performances with Anthrax over the years.

Yeah, the music and lyrics are usually Joey's template but of course the vocals (arrangements / melodies / harmonies / feeling / depth) are a major part of co-writing music. Often times, vocals inspire changes in melody, lead guitar harmonies, re-arrangements, etc. of how music was originally (i.e. demo) written. Charlie and Scott are more like catalysts for the band where the rest of the band members fill in their parts to make the overall arrangements.

I wipe my ass on these stupid Top lists. It's as lame as Rolling Stones Magazine with their stupid lists. It's not be all, end all, just 1 persons opinion.

I'm picking 10 random who I like

Robert Plant
Rob Halford
Bruce Dickinson
King Diamond
Mike Patton
Klaus Meine - Scorpions
Millie Petrozza - Kreator
Russ Anderson - Forbidden Evil
Axl Rose
Vince Neil

I wipe my ass on these stupid Top lists. It's as lame as Rolling Stones Magazine with their stupid lists. It's not be all, end all, just 1 persons opinion.

Yep, these lists mean fuck all, just some dumb idiot journalist presenting his opinion with his little title saying, 'Best Vocalists Ever'. And people who take these lists seriously are just as stupid.

But wow. You don't listen to much modern metal. Get out of your time warp.

lol, I really don't listen to any new stuff. Good example is like DevilDriver. All their music pretty much sounds the same. I happen to be a huge fan of Coal Chamber and seen them live a ton of times. Dream Theater, Sevendust is as new as it gets for me and they are old..lol.

That's not old though, because I do listen to really old 50's rock, Doo-Wop, and even classical like Modest Mussorgsky, Beethoven, Bach..etc