Best way to store vinyl?

I've just bought my first ever vinyl LPs and was wondering what the best way to store them is? I'm kind of hoping to start a collection so I'm really interested in long term storage.

Having never owned any vinyl's before I'm at a bit of a loss about this. Any help is appreciated :).

All vinyls I own are framed and on the walls :p I suppose storing them in a box would do, as long as you don't put the box under too much pressure.

3 pointers:

1)..Try not to lend them out to ya "mates" :headbang::loco::yow::kickass:

2)..Don't have kids...I have non...buuuuuuut...I was one :devil:

3)..Don't put them near any type of HEAT :devil:

and as mentioned don't put any weight on them.

Hey Poenix, sup bud still raining in the UK? should be snowing soon...lucky U :Smug:

I've just bought my first ever vinyl LPs and was wondering what the best way to store them is? I'm kind of hoping to start a collection so I'm really interested in long term storage.

Having never owned any vinyl's before I'm at a bit of a loss about this. Any help is appreciated :).

I have been collecting vinyl's for almost 40 yrs...and they are all in great shape. Keep them standing up and don't put too any together..even the weight of them leaning against each other is enough to ruin them. And don't touch any part of the record except the sides with the palms of your hands. The oils from your hands can damage the records (esp. to the older vinyls). Enjoy your new collection.....:)