CD/DVD-Version queries

it really is confusing, what about only releasing two versions in the worst case o_O
like "normal" and "limited" or so?

Almost as hard as it is to imagine Rasputin without faketanned Warlord in a dodgy shirt pulling moves I'd disown my dad for.

Reminds me of a dodgy club I used to go to in my student days when everything else was shut. Now if the clientelle had just had the decency to turn into viking warriors from time to time that place would have been so much more interesting.

If I'm not completely confused myself these are the versions I know of:

- Original version CD
8 tracks
- Original version LP+CD
8 tracks
- Director's cut CD:
bonus tracks Rasputin & Holmgard single edit
- Director's cut extended version CD+DVD (digipack):
bonus tracks Rasputin & Holmgard single edit and the DVD with Rasputin video, Holmgard karaoke version, Battle Metal live from Rock Hard and WFF + the complete Download-festival show from 2007

As the director's cut -versions weren't released in North America, they put it out under another name for Paganfest spring 2008.

- Limited Paganfest Tour edition:
bonus tracks Battle Metal & Rasputin. DVD with same contents as Director's Cut DVD, but I think the menus etc differ.

Originally, I did not want any bonus stuff on the album, as it is after all one concept and it's supposed to start with Holmgard and end with Miklagard Overture. Anything else added to that doesn't belong to the album. I agreed to compromise when CM promised they'd add a minute of silence, one extra emptry track after M.O.

Hope this helps, even if I might have confused someting myself.

Small question regarding:

- Limited Paganfest Tour edition:
bonus tracks Battle Metal & Rasputin.

Mathias: I suppose you mean "Holmgard single edit" instead of "Battle Metal"? o_O or was Battle Metal (2004) a bonus track on that version, because that would be pretty weird imho. Or is it live audio or something? OR was it the same as the Japanese bonus video....?

You seem to have forgotten there's a Japanese version, with the following bonus-content:
9. To Holmgard and Beyond (Single Edit) (03:29)
10. Rex Regi Rebellis (Finnish Version) (07:11)
11. Battle Metal (Enhanced video - live at San Festival 2006)

i feel like the confusion is rising, slightly...*laughing*

but nice to know what it´s all about with that minute of silence, I´ve always been wondering about the sense of that....

@Andreas
so we´d have 6 versions? o_O
oh god.

Can we have a discography thread? This may make things less confusing or at least more so until its sorted :)

I got the Finnish version of RRR with the 'To Holmgard and Beyond' single, I'm still trying to learn the words....stupid rolling r's and distinct lack of online lyrics. AND it was completely worth the mad finnish guy shouting at me =)

Hello Turisas fans,

I'm looking at the Varangian Way CDs at bol.com

There appear to be 2 versions:

Varangian Way -Director's (2 Disks - Euro 11,99)
hXXp://www.bol.com/nl/p/muziek/varangian-way-director-s/1000004005600861/index.html

and

Varangian Way - The Director's Cut (1 Disk - Euro 18,99)
hXXp://www.bol.com/nl/p/muziek/varangian-way-the-director-s-cut/1000004005600862/index.

Both CDs appear to have 11 tracks. But the cheaper CD has 2 disks, the more expensive only 1. Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the two versions?

Your help is much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Willem

PS. Not sure if links are allowed so I changed HTTP to HXXP.

The difference has to do with the EAN number.

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/muziek/varangian-way-director-s/1000004005600861/index.html
that's the Director's Cut + Extended version. It has 11 tracks and a bonus DVD. I have it. It's perfect.

The other one is, according to musik-sammler.de, just the Director's Cut (so indeed WITHOUT bonus DVD)

My advice: pick the 1st one (Director's Cut + Extended Version). It's cheaper and has more stuff. For more info on all different versions of TVW, check www.musik-sammler.de and the Turisas discography thread here on the forums.