CD/DVD-Version queries

I'm actually considering buying that first version as well now. I have the director's cut without the dvd and if it's really that cheap with dvd... but then I have two Varangian Way cd's...

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

I'll go for the cheaper one with the DVD then. I'll also be getting Battle Metal (not the Japanes import as 36,99 euros is a bit on the steep - although it is very tempting). The *probable* 6 - 8 weeks delivery time for the Jap. import version doesn't predict much good.

Finally I want buy the DVD "A Finnish Summer with Turisas" as well.

I'll let you all know once I have received them. Thanks again.

Regards,
Willem

Thank you for sharing that info Ingrid. Wasn't aware of that site. Unfortunately a lot of the Turisas stuff is sold out at that site. Which I guess is a good sign; good for Turisas. Hope they make plenty money.

For now I'll stick with bol. Have good experiences with them. But for future orders I'll check out large and save a few euros.

Thanks again, Ingrid.

Rgds,
Willem

Sorry to bother you folks again...

I was about to order my Turisas stuff at bol.com when I noticed that the more expensive DVD has 2 disks but is 4:3 format.
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/dvd/turisas-a-finnish-summer-with/1002004006298078/index.html

Whereas the cheaper version (only 1 disk) is 16:9
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/dvd/turisas-a-finnish-summer-with/1002004006298077/index.html

I did have a look at http://www.large-online.nl/ but couldn't find this info. I can hardly imagine the more expensive version being 4:3 but I would prefer 16:9 over 4:3, even if it's only 1 disc.

Does anybody know if the more expensive 2 disc DVD really is 4:3?

Your input is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Willem

yeah, and info like this is easy to be found (I linked you to musik-sammler.de remember?) check the EAN number and google that, will also give you loads of info.

edit: isn't the 2-disc edition the limited edition with that 3" single CD?

edit 2: I am awaiting you "Battle Metal 2 versions" thread lmao. :D

Sorry! :(

I did consider adding this to my previous thread but then the title wouldnt have made much sense. But perhaps your right. If you feel this thread should be deleted perhaps an admin can do so. Again, my apologies for this.

I did check the music-sampler.de site. Great site by the way, but it does not list the Video Format; and my question is about the video format. Or perhaps it's hidden somewhere and not so "easy to be found" as you say.

Because one of the DVD's (the more expensive 2 disc version) is listed as having the old (Full screen) 4:3 format, while the cheaper one (1 disc) has the 16:9 (wide screen) format (plz see my original post for more info - I feel like I'm repeating myself).

Again, neither de large-online nor the music-sampler site provide this info.

Googled it, too. Plenty of hits but no video format info. Not really in the mood for the 4:3 format.

Thanks for your valuable input. ;-)

well there's no 2 disc version. There's a normal and a limited edition

normal: DVD

limited: DVD + 3" Battle Metal 2008 single + Warpaint Colour Card (bit useless...)

Afaik, the DVDs are the same, only the cover is slightly differen and one has some extra goodies, so if the normal DVD is 16:9, the limited edition should be too. I guess Bol.com made a little screw up. And can't you set the screen ratio manually on most modern DVDs anyways?

Thanks Andreas for your helpful reply.

When I meant the 2 disc version I realize it wasn't 2 DVDs but 1 DVD and a mini CD.

You're probably right about the error by Bol.com. But I find that if you adjust your video format via the DVD / TV player your either pulling de screen out of proportions or your going to miss a bit of the edges.

In any case, Bol.com usually has good customer service, so if I'm not satisfied I can usually get my money back.

I'm going to order the Turisas DVD and CDs tomorrow, and no... I won't start a Battle Metal 2 versions thread. :)

Thanks again Andreas. Have a Hertog Jan on me this weekend.

Cheerio,
Willem

Will do Willem, have to buy some more HJ for Mathias btw, for the next time I see them ;)

feel free to post any thought etc. about the items once you receive them. I should be adding the EAN numbers to the Turisas disco thread btw...

I ordered the version with DVD from bol last week (even though I then would have two Varangian Way cd's...) and it arrived today. Guess what, they sent me the wrong one, the one without DVD. So if you do order there, check the EAN code ("streepjescode"). Unfortunately Large doesn't have the one with DVD (sold out), so I have to try again with bol (I have had problems with them before).

Hello everybody,

Sorry for not replying sooner. Was very busy at work and with life in general. Only got down to ordering the stuff yesterday from Bol.com.

I ordered the DVD (2 disc) and both CD's. I also came here to have a peek just before I ordered and noticed Regje's problems with bol.com. Very sorry to read that. In general I've had no complaints with them. However, because of what Regje exprerienced I also sent them an email with my order number and informed them of "somebody" who also ordered the 2 disk CD of Varangian Way but got the incorrect (1 disk) CD sent to them.

They replied quicky saying that the information on the website can be considered correct and that they take the utmost care in shipping stuff out. In any case, I decided not to pay in advance but to get billed later (accept giro). If they screw up I'll send it back an not pay for anything and I'll point them to my email and their reply just to show the do screw up more often than they like to think, and I'll demand a discount. ;-)

Will let you know as soon as I receive something.

One more question... I'd like to buy the Turisas T-Shirt from their tour with DragonCrap. Any suggestions as to where best to buy?

Cheers lads and ladettes.

how about buying that shirt at a gig? :D I asume you mean the "A Tour To The Unknown" shirt? I have one of those.

in any case, I can't really recommend the webshop (backstreetmerch), if you read the "official Turisas webshop" thread you'll know why lol.

Doesn't Large.nl have it or something?

Not sure what the tour is called. If you go to turisas.com you'll see 2 pics. One for their DVD and to the right a picture for their tour with DragonForce "On tour with DragonForce." The image displayed on that picture is also on the T-Shirt. Is it called "A Tour to the Unknown."?

Thanks.

EDIT: Can't find it at Large.nl. But the webshop backstreetmerch do seem to have it and yes it's called The Unknown Tour. So buying from them is a no go?

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/bands/trss/product.asp?item=trss09

I'm a 1mtr 87cm tall slim guy. Any experience with what size I should get?

I ordered the cd again from that website. Maybe they just grabbed the wrong cd or something.
Today I received my order. And again I got the 1 cd version (5051099772625) instead of the cd+dvd version (5051099772687).
I will send it back again. *headdesk*
So worldwidewillem, check the codes carefully!