Best. Weekend. Ever. (nerd-dom ahead)

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
yeah, so I thought I might just make a little post to share with those of you who really care about my life (ie. nobody, but I'm going to talk anyway) that this weekend totally rocked.

1. Friday - Noon: skipping last class for early Lunch with friend - Sushi
2. Friday - 3:00pm: Classics undergrad conference. Nerddom galore.
3. Friday - 7:30pm-10:30pm: afterparty at a greek restaurant. I shared wine with a couple of profs and some of my best friends at school. The wine was on my prof. Fucking Awesome.
4. Friday - 11:00 - ??? - after disbanding from the greek restaurant, the stragglers among us go off to another bar, big nerd party.
5. Saturday - 1:30am - get home.
6. Saturday - 6:30am - wake up, shower, go off to the saturday session of the conference.
7. Saturday - 11:00am - lunch, with nerds like myself.
8. Saturday - 4:00pm - disband, informal afterparty at the bar next door. Drink until 7:30pm. Huge nerd rants, rack up $270 tab among the few of us.
9. Saturday - 8:30pm - arrive at the downtown theatre with the small group of "afterparty" people. Buy tickets for 300.
10. Saturday - 8:30 - 9:30. Drink at a bar next door to the theatre until 300 begins.
11. Saturday - 9:30 - 11:30. 300. BEST WAY TO END A CLASSICS CONFERENCE EVER. Frank Miller does a great job of making this completely epic as shit movie, even if the historicism is WAY off (but it's a fantasy, so it can be forgiven). And he pulls off ALL the most awesome phrases from the original histories, giving the most epic feel to it. "FIGHT IN THE SHADE!" and at the end they pretty much say verbatim (in english translation) Semonides' "Go tell the Spartans" epigram that used to be on the monument for thermopylae. Afterwards (being drunk) I was shouting out the epigram in original greek and otherwise discussing the movie.

Brilliant. Just Brilliant. I am now also very poor from having spent huge amounts of money on alcohol & greek food... but mostly alcohol.

Sooooo, was there any sexual activity amongst the four mentioned above?

Basically, wheres the sex in this story?

300 wasn't that good I thought. sure, it looked awesome, but the acting was ridiculously poor. added dialogue was just piss...

A B-movie with a budget, honesty.

no, the whole movie was actually terrible.

but since we were all drunk, and all aquainted with the intimate knowledge of what they historically perverted, the group of us just BURSTING out in laughter in the middle of a packed theatre at the time, while about 200 other people in the theatre probably thought that we were insane laughing our asses off at the dramatic parts of the movie. It was just a FUN time.

you guys probably wouldn't appreciate it as much as we did.

The build up for his eventual "Devirginized" thread is great. I can't wait until it all boils down to that epic climax we have all been waiting for since July 2003, 20032 posts ago.