New Schedule

I have been going to PPUSA since #4 so NO, I am not new around here. To all the replies, posts, etc., - I am not complaining by any means. I wouldn't care if the show started at 10 in the morning and went till 2am, it's not a long day for me. The more music the better and Glenn is doing a great job now with 7 bands each day. I was just making a simple statement that the opening bands would probably love to play longer than 45 minutes with all their time invested in coming over here.

maybe...but then you deal with the problem of even having more than 45 minutes of material to play. Generally opening bands only have 1 album out.

maybe...but then you deal with the problem of even having more than 45 minutes of material to play. Generally opening bands only have 1 album out.

Obviously you don't understand my post - it's not a problem so it's nothing I have to deal with - I was just making a general statement that it would be nice to have bands play longer than 45 minutes that come such a long way. I'm not saying it may work that way, I'm not asking for it to happen. I was just making a general statement.

Obviously you don't understand my post - it's not a problem so it's nothing I have to deal with - I was just making a general statement that it would be nice to have bands play longer than 45 minutes that come such a long way. I'm not saying it may work that way, I'm not asking for it to happen. I was just making a general statement.

and obviously you don't understand mine. Yes, it would be nice, but what are they going to play when they hardly even have enough material to cover the slot they already have as it is?

That isn't necessarily true. It is with Illusion Suite but definitely not with Paradox or Stormwarrior. I by no means think it should change and I like it how it is. If the warm ups got more time, then it would mean less in my opinion to the bands higher up on the card.

I understand the idea of wanting bands to play longer because they traveled so far to get here, but the shortest set of the weekend is 45 minutes. As far as I'm aware, that is unheard of in most other settings - festivals, tours, etc. Obviously there are exceptions, but the time slot situation here is the exception, not the norm, as far as I've experienced. I personally think it's fine the way it is. There's no other show in the country where I could have seen Raintime play 45 minutes as an opening band.

Don't the doors need to open earlier on Saturday for the special Seventh Wonder set, or am I reading this wrong?

I already commented on it overlapping. If I remember correctly I think Glenn said something along the lines of Seventh Wonder playing this in the Loft. I could be very wrong on this though.

Don't miss a beat or a chord. Get one of these: http://www.biorelief.com/travel-urinals/stadiumpal.html

Then use the breaks for food, beer, merch, college football scores, signings, socializing.

lol... and from the related items section, The Beer Belly:
http://www.thebeerbelly.com/?Click=1522

I was hoping to do a little partying this year. Last year my wife was 5 months pregnant so we went to bed early. But with this schedule I'll need to channel my former self from college to survive all four days. Eh, bring it on! I can't friggin wait.

Not unless you pull a Tarja and change every third song.

one should never put it past The Su to do such a thing :):)
(seriously, for my birthday party last year, i had 4 outfits available...and with modifications, it became 8 total....i only used 4...yeah, i'm bad. but in my defense, Urban Breed came dressed as Dee Snider...i couldn't compete!!)