PP USA IX schedule

but Glenn seems to know what he's doing.
Yep, I'm not worried about that.. just surprised based on what I thought I knew of the bands. :lol: Believe me, I'm the last person to question a line-up, because there are always more factors than anyone but the promoter can understand.

This does, however, prompt me to give Riverside another chance.

Well, I guess Enchant still has a chance for the showcase :loco:.

I'm sorta shocked that there hasn't been an "Enchant for ProgPower IX" thread yet. :lol:
:lol: Well, the lineup was already decided and know that after all this time of not bringing them that there is no way they would be headlining! :(

Plus, I did get to see them at BAR Fest and while I'd like to see them every year because they were F**KING AMAZING, I think my plea as well as others has been heard loud and clear.

On that note:

Enchant for ProgPower X!!!

I wonder if a guitarist has ever cramped up his hand before a set due to too many signatures.....

I wonder if a guitarist has ever cramped up his hand before a set due to too many signatures.....
Absolutely! If you notice in Matt's posting looking for my replacement, it is a requirement that you can handle large volumes of signatures before a set! :lol: :lol:

Just kidding of course, but honestly after going through a few mortgage closing signing sessions, I wouldn't be surprised! :loco:

Cool! Surprised Riverside got higher than Iron Savior, but after considering it, I understand. Not questioning, just didn't realize Riverside's status. I consider these two bands to be the most polarized, so it'll be funny to watch the "shift change" in the audience.. extreme Power Metal to mellow Prog Rock :lol:

I can't wait! :headbang:

It'll give us time to catch our breaths before we're TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY by the headliner. :D:headbang::kickass::headbang:

Hmm, headliner starts at 11:30 each night. That theoretically gives them up to 2.5 hours to play.... :headbang:
3.5 hours, if we're lookin' at Saturday's end-time this year. :lol:

Wow, Headliner is playing BOTH nights? They ROCK! Anybody hear their latest cd?
:heh:

There is precedent.

At ProgPower 1.0 in (near) Chicago, there was a band called "Dinner Break" that played BOTH days of the festival, with a 1 hour set, to a curiously-empty venue.

I kinda miss 'em.

Absolutely! If you notice in Matt's posting looking for my replacement, it is a requirement that you can handle large volumes of signatures before a set! :lol: :lol:

Just kidding of course, but honestly after going through a few mortgage closing signing sessions, I wouldn't be surprised! :loco:

Dude! No lie! When I went to my closing for this house (my first), my realtor tried to warn me.
"Ready to sign your life away?"
"Uh, that isn't all that funny today."
"Oh, you'll be okay. But you'll have to sign about fifty times."
"!!??"

She wasn't far wrong. :)

It wasn't as good as their first album 'Debut', but it had it's moments.

Didn't they used to be called TBA? :heh:
(I swear, I'm done....for now!)

There is precedent.

At ProgPower 1.0 in (near) Chicago, there was a band called "Dinner Break" that played BOTH days of the festival, with a 1 hour set, to a curiously-empty venue.

I kinda miss 'em.

I COMPLETELY forgot about that until you posted about it. I remember making comments about that "band" when I was there....:lol:

Well, what really made it funny is that "Dinner Break" was listed in the festival program in the same font and size as the bands above and below.

Alas, Dinner Break, we hardly knew ye. :D

Initial random thoughts:

Ooooh, Elvenking gets pwned! :loco:

I like the bowing to the inevitable and allowing a 45 minute changeover before the headliner.

Or could this be interpreted as the expected headliners *needing* an extra 15 minutes for a changeover because of, say, a large number of performers or vocalists? Hmmmm....

Ken

Heh... I wouldn't read too much into that, lol. I agree that it is logical to schedule that longer break (that was also the case this year)... so, that final band can start early if they are ready, but also to potentially schedule in for delays during earlier changeovers, which had already set the schedule behind a few minutes.

damn, liking Iron Savior alot more than Riverside. Oh well. Volbeat would be nice. I'll decide whether or not I wanna go pending headliners, Rhapsody and Nevermore Glenn :D