New Schedule

Whooee, this is gonna kick my ass in a most awesome way! Thank God for in and out privileges and a place at the Artmore. Pace yourself will be the motto of this fest.

I can tell this much, WalMart will have a serious run on throat drops and muscle relaxers after this fest is over. :D

Hahahah ! Noon the man says! whooop whoop ! AAAUUUUGHHH:OMG::Smug::puke::cry::zombie::err::ill::cry:

Hey Wayne, ya think this will cut down the courtyard partying this year?
I didn't think so! :heh:

I think Wayne either just had a mental break down or a coronary. :lol:

A long day indeed, and well worth it, but I think we're all going to need a vacation from our ProgPower vacation once the weekend is over. Good thing I planned for a day or 2 of recovery before heading back to work the next week.

We'll prop him up wherever necessary to get him through the weekend...;)
Smartest thing I ever did after driving down last year was to take Monday off.
Might have to do Tuesday this year...I'm maxed out on vacation time as it is...

Naps in between bands are your friend! Just make sure your buddies aren't carrying autograph markers. :)

If any sharpies are needed for "decorative" purposes, please find me (& my camera) at the fest! :Smokedev:

Man,my wife is going to get broke in good for her first rock concert.(man that doesn't sound right).Anyway,one thing for sure,she will either love it or hate it beyond belief by the time it's over.

I know it makes for a long 2 days on Friday and Saturday but for some of the earlier bands to come such a long distance only to play for 45 minutes - would love to see them have longer sets just to make it worth for them. (Just my thought)

Blah Blah Blah too many bands, blah blah blah too long of a day, blah blah blah...

I'm sure the same bitching and whining would happen if Glenn had chosen to cut the fest down to 8 bands because it was getting too long. People are just never happy.

I know it makes for a long 2 days on Friday and Saturday but for some of the earlier bands to come such a long distance only to play for 45 minutes - would love to see them have longer sets just to make it worth for them. (Just my thought)

This is how it's been since I've been attending. Are you new around here or something?

As opposed to bands who come from Europe to play the opening slot on a tour and get 25 - 30 minutes in front of a half empty venue? I know that tours aren't entirely analogous to a one-off festival, but the fact is that bands have to start somewhere when it comes to breaking into the North American market. 45 minutes is better than most of these bands would get on a tour - if touring here made sense for them at all.

Bottom line, if they didn't think it was worth it, they wouldn't come.

As opposed to bands who come from Europe to play the opening slot on a tour and get 25 - 30 minutes in front of a half empty venue? I know that tours aren't entirely analogous to a one-off festival, but the fact is that bands have to start somewhere when it comes to breaking into the North American market. 45 minutes is better than most of these bands would get on a tour - if touring here made sense for them at all.

Bottom line, if they didn't think it was worth it, they wouldn't come.

You beat me to it. That's exactly what I was going to say. That's honestly why I love this fest so much. Before I went to progpower the only "festivals" I had been to have been Ozzfest where a lot of bands play 20-30 minutes where as here the bare minimum is 45, which is a decent set.

There is no such thing as too much Metal! If anybody thinks that, they shouldn't come to a Metal Fest!

That's why we have more than 10 hours of Metal scheduled for the first day of Warriors Of Metal Fest III Open Air on June 25th headlined by OMEN and right after that with campground performance by Lords Of The Trident from Wisconsin and more than 13 hours of Metal scheduled for the 2nd day of the Fest headlined by CAGE and with campground performance by Lost Chapter into the wee hours of Sunday morning. Between sets, Pro and Amateur shredders will exchange 6-String stings and licks and during each night there will be a special Shred performance by all the pros including Joe Stump, Matthew Mills, Curran Murphy, Christina Crago, Michael Miller and Jim Dofka along with a pre-selected group of amateur shredders.

As Billy Idol once said: "Too Much Is Never Enough!" :)

And I sure can't ever have too much Metal! Who's with me?

Datis Alaee
Farvahar Records
Proud Sponsor of OMEN & ASKA for Warriors Of Metal Fest III Open Air

This is how it's been since I've been attending. Are you new around here or something?

I have been going to PPUSA since #4 so NO, I am not new around here. To all the replies, posts, etc., - I am not complaining by any means. I wouldn't care if the show started at 10 in the morning and went till 2am, it's not a long day for me. The more music the better and Glenn is doing a great job now with 7 bands each day. I was just making a simple statement that the opening bands would probably love to play longer than 45 minutes with all their time invested in coming over here.