Best & Worst of 2002 (so far)

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
What would you consider the best album of 2002?

The worst?

Only one choice for each. (It makes it more challenging.)

Because of a lack of money (and therefore new CD's), I don't feel very qualified to answer this one . . . but I'll try.

Best: Arcturus "The Sham Mirrors"
Worst: luckily I haven't waisted my money on anything bad, but the worst I've heard so far is Skinlab "The Revolting Room" (very dissapointing)

Best: Immortal- Sons of Northern Darkness
Worst (that I've heard): Soilwork- NBC

I'm hoping Primordial takes the top spot next month, eventhough I've heard bad things about their new one. Maybe Dark Tranquillity will take the top spot. But something has to absolutely horse shit to beat Soilwork for worst of 2002.

Originally posted by Dreamlord

I'm hoping Primordial takes the top spot next month, eventhough I've heard bad things about their new one. Maybe Dark Tranquillity will take the top spot. But something has to absolutely horse shit to beat Soilwork for worst of 2002.

Why do you consider Soilwork's new one so bad? I was actually considering buying it.

Originally posted by Dreamlord

I agree, Soilworks new album is horrible, the new style they are trying to go toward sounds really bad with them. It sucks because I like their old stuff so much. 2nd worst album of the year is the new Sinergy album.

*cough cough* getting ideas above our station, aren't we npearce? :D The forum title is 'General Music Discussion', not 'tr00 M34tl <3rs 0nly' - when I joined UM, no topic was forbidden, and I even wrote some nu-metal reviews to widen the approach a bit! I'd quite like it if the atmosphere stayed as welcoming and open as it was when I first joined.

Thanks.

:p

Originally posted by npearce

Why do you consider Soilwork's new one so bad? I was actually considering buying it.

Well, I have never been a fan of Soilwork. I have always looked at them as a second tier Swedish metal act. I have heard all four of their releases and nothing caught my ear.

The first two releases are simply At the Gates worship. With the latest two they tried more clean vocals and less speed, and their intentions were noble, but the execution was awful.

However, I seem to be in the minority when it comes to opinions about Soilwork, so you may like them.

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
*cough cough* getting ideas above our station, aren't we npearce? :D The forum title is 'General Music Discussion', not 'tr00 M34tl <3rs 0nly' - when I joined UM, no topic was forbidden, and I even wrote some nu-metal reviews to widen the approach a bit! I'd quite like it if the atmosphere stayed as welcoming and open as it was when I first joined.

Thanks.

:p

I didn't mean to sound like a dictator. I just wanted to keep everybody from listing some nu-metal band as the worst album of the year.:)

I have been having a tough time keeping up with some of the latest releases (due to time and money constraints), and I thought this thread would help me, and others like me, out.

As I said in an earlier post the only record I have from 2002 is the new Immortal, but it has started to tire me after 2-3 listens. The worst? What about that disgusting remake of Madonna's "Like a prayer", if you've heard that? The original was crappy, so they didn't have to make a new version that's even worse! :puke:

Originally posted by Somber Oracle

I agree, Soilworks new album is horrible, the new style they are trying to go toward sounds really bad with them. It sucks because I like their old stuff so much. 2nd worst album of the year is the new Sinergy album.

I guess I'll be staying away from the Soilwork album. And what is bad with Sinergy's new album? I've heard that it is very good, some of their best stuff. I just want to know before I buy it.

Best: Immortal - Sons of northern darkness and Dark Tranquillity - Damage done

I love the new Soilwork album.

Best: Immortal - "Sons Of Northern Darkness" -it´s both the best and the "biggest" release so far...

Worst: My Minds Mine - "Scenes Of The Complete Annihilation Of This Planet" (This is pure crap!!!!)

Post Scriptum: It´s nice to see people voting for Denmarks maybe coolest deathmetalband (Iniquity), ´cause they deserve that respect...

Originally posted by Somber Oracle

Fukk you! ;) At least i like it.

But back to business... Vader`s Revelations or Nightwish`s Century Child could be the best album this far. Worst album...hmm... I can`t mention anything :confused: