What is the best/worst opening/ending track so far?

Deadman5hadow

Mar 24, 2013
Well, all is said in the title. For me :

Best opening track : Living Dead Beat
Worst opening track : Hellhound on my trails

Best ending track : Kissing the shadows
Worst ending track : One Bottle And A Knee Deep

seriously OBAAKD and WNGF?
I think both are great. In fact I think OBAAKD could replace the downfall as a gig-ending song!
Thats talking about music preferences I guess :)

Best opening track: Follow the Reaper
Worst opening track: Living Dead Beat

Best ending track: Touch Like Angel of Death
Worst ending track: Roadkill Morning (I still enjoy it though)

Best opening track : Follow The Reaper
Worst opening track : Needled 24/7

Best ending track : Roadkill Morning
Worst ending track : Hate Crew Deathroll

This hard. But I guess....:

Best opening track - Hellhounds on My Trail (This song gets a lot of hate but I love it, plus I think it sets up the rest of the album nicely)
Worst opening track - Warheart (Not a bad song, just kinda weak as an opener I think)

Best ending track - One Bottle and a Knee Deep (the whole theme of this song is really fitting for the end plus it just kicks so much ass)
Worst ending track - Touch Like Angel of Death (By no means a bad song at all just I don't find myself listening to it much)

Warheart has the most intense and incredible atmosphere and feeling of any COB song ever. Hellhounds is the last good opener they made.

Best opening track : Follow the Reaper
Worst opening track : Hellhounds on my Trail

Best ending track : Kissing the Shadows
Worst ending track : Roadkill Morning

Heh. I look like a real "old fag" when you look at my choices. Both of my "best..." are from FTR and both of my "worst..." are from BD. :D

Worst opening track : Hellhounds on my Trail

Heh. I look like a real "old fag" when you look at my choices. Both of my "best..." are from FTR and both of my "worst..." are from BD. :D

Worst opening track : I Hurt

One small edit. Hellhounds isn't a bad song IMO (It's actually one of my favorites on BD), but it just happened to be the worst opener. I Hurt, on the other hand, is a bad song, not just the worst opener.

Best opening track : Deadnight Warrior
Worst opening track : I Hurt
Best ending track : Downfall

Why all hate for I hurt?? its pretty cool. The song is actually strong and angry. The intro is a bodom trademark (remind bodom blue moon) and that single guitar with that keys and drum crashes introducing verse is very cool. The riffs flow very naturally and that fast part is very catchy. The interlude is enough magical that i didnt miss the solo.
A great opener for this album IMO.

The problem I have with ''I Hurt'' is that it sounds like a song they have already made 10 times. Specially the drumming/vocals/guitarriff that starts at 1:15. Specially that drumrythm, they have used it since Blooddrunk!
Even that intro reminds me of pretty much the whole Blooddrunk album which I didn't like. CoB themselfes don't want to go back to the neoclassical style or older style because they don't want to sound the same or make the same record and get stuck, well going back to that would be very refreshing.
I hope ''I Hurt'' is a oneoff and that IWC turn out great.