forthcoming "Best Of " album

tomosang

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2003
japan
www01.vaio.ne.jp
forthcoming "Best Of " album, titled
"Bestbreeder (1997-2000)",
to be released exclusively in Japan September 3 through Toy's Factory Records.

this is track list:
rebel yell (new recording cover song)
in the shadows
lake bodom
warheart
silent night, bodom night
towards dead end
children of bodom
deadnight warrior (live)
hatebreeder (live)
touch like angel of death (live)
downfall (live)
folow the reaper
bodom after midnight
everytime i do
mask of sanity
hate me!
kissing the shadows

i've heard new cover song Billy Idol's Rebel Yell on radio.
Alexi sing clean voice!

In the shadows? I just love these releases where the record label just puts out a CD and doesn't give a fuck about the bands opinion.

Shadeg said:
In the shadows? I just love these releases where the record label just puts out a CD and doesn't give a fuck about the bands opinion.

I was thinking the same thing...
It has been said several time on this board that the band members think it's their worst, and it appears on a best-of... o_O
It's my favourtie track from SW so it's not really a problem for me, but as you say, I wonder if the band gave his opinion on this...

tomosang said:
i've heard new cover song Billy Idol's Rebel Yell on radio.
Alexi sing clean voice!

how exciting, cant wait to hear it ... :hotjump:
thanks for the information!

If there was songs from HCD it could hurt that album's sales... so they won't do it. It's too new.

I think this "best of" album sucks. They put all the catchy songs on and none of the brutal ones. Well I suppose that's like all "best of" albums... but still, I always find it sad that no matter what genre you listen to, 'catchy-ness' seems to be what ppl look for.

I noticed this in those song survivor polls too... all the really unique songs got voted off instantly and the ones with catchy choruses stuck out to the end. I'm glad Needled 24/7 got voted out... I would have lost all faith in metalheads. It's a great song, but it's nowhere close to their finest effort.

to Shadeg: In the Shadows is a really cool and unique song... kudos to the record label that put this song on. Maybe the Japanese folks really like it?

And why the fuck does In the shadows get neglected, its a fucking brilliant song!
The bit at the end is one of the greatests riffs ever written!

Stun said:
If there was songs from HCD it could hurt that album's sales... so they won't do it. It's too new.
No, that's not true. HCD was never licenced to Toys Factory so they have no rights to use songs from that album. COB were only licenced with 3 albums + 1 live album to TF and I think that there was one album which COB had to release to fulfill the contract so that was the easiest way to do so.

Zarok666 said:
No, that's not true. HCD was never licenced to Toys Factory so they have no rights to use songs from that album. COB were only licenced with 3 albums + 1 live album to TF and I think that there was one album which COB had to release to fulfill the contract so that was the easiest way to do so.
doesnt lil' Zarok sound like a big business man in this post :p

are these live tracks from TW or another source.

Cause you cant mix live tracks in with studio tracks...

it wont..."flow"

HCDR is on a different label (Universal) than the rest of the compilation and is the reason for the album coming out, so Toy's Factory can squeeze one more release out of a band that is no longer on their label.

Hey, I have no prob. with In the Shadows, it's awesome. It's just that they should've asked the opinion of the band, too.