Between the Buried and Me/Cynic/DEVIN TOWNSEND/Scale the Summit US Tour

@#$#@$ page load error on that link everytime....but according to Masquerade
Saturday January 9th Heaven Doors@6pm $12 ADV
BoStylz Ent. Presents "The Juggernauts Of Metal Tour" with Empyre Down, Aborning (CD Release Party), O.C.O, The Bone Church,Alternator, Solace Lost, Solar, Gored By A Dear, Carosis, Hellstormers, Hurdle The Dead

which by all means I hope Masquerade boots this crap down to Hell and puts the BTBAM/Devin Townsend/Cynic/StS tour in Heaven...I'd definitely be going to that for Devin Townsend and StS alone - BTBAM is a plus but only if they play white walls. Not familiar with any of Cynic's work (yeah I know...*avoids flying objects*)

@#$#@$ page load error on that link everytime....but according to Masquerade

which by all means I hope Masquerade boots this crap down to Hell and puts the BTBAM/Devin Townsend/Cynic/StS tour in Heaven...I'd definitely be going to that for Devin Townsend and StS alone - BTBAM is a plus but only if they play white walls. Not familiar with any of Cynic's work (yeah I know...*avoids flying objects*)

White Walls has been constant in their setlists ever since Colors came out. Not sure if that'll change with the release of the new album though -- they might be replacing that with the new 18 minute song as the "long one"

White Walls has been constant in their setlists ever since Colors came out. Not sure if that'll change with the release of the new album though -- they might be replacing that with the new 18 minute song as the "long one"

Well I haven't heard the new stuff....and the only album I've listened to by BTBAM is Colors. White Walls is my favorite song so I really hope they don't take it out of their set.

when a random person comes up to you at your fest this weekend and slaps you in the face and says "you know what for!" it will be me for saying that besides their new album CYNIC has ONE album that EVERYONE should own. period. you should be ashamed as should everyone else who claims to enjoy progressive metal, but DOES NOT own "Focus" by Cynic.

hahaha, see you this weekend.

Well I haven't heard the new stuff....and the only album I've listened to by BTBAM is Colors. White Walls is my favorite song so I really hope they don't take it out of their set.

and with the material they have on their new record i am sure WW may get dropped simply due to length. they will probably focus their set around the 18 minute track on their new album.

new album SMOKES by the way.

Paul will be very happy to see this, especially Scale the Summit, and with Devey

Oh yes. And thanks to Brian for brightening my day. :kickass:

This will be my fourth chance to (probably) miss Scale the Summit. In fact, I will now officially assume that I will miss their set -- as has now happened three times, everywhere from Texas to here -- and so that way, if the stars align, the Grand Conjunction takes place, the Crystal is made whole and I actually get to see StS, I'll be deliriously happy.

And oh yeah, Devy's first non-SYL performance in Atlanta since I co-sponsored his appearance at PPUSA III. :headbang:

And Cynic, who are outright legends, finally performing here?

And on a Saturday night?

Wild horses -- or for that matter, white worms -- couldn't drag me from this show. :worship:

ok the link finally loaded for me. Can anyone get a valid source on if this tour is actually happening. Or if GameFreac could come in here and actually post where he got his information cause I'm pretty sure i've seen him post on the PPUSA forum before.

Until then I'm not gettin my hopes up. I've checked all those bands myspaces and no tour date listed. Until proof is delivered I might as well call shenanigans.

ok the link finally loaded for me. Can anyone get a valid source on if this tour is actually happening. Or if GameFreac could come in here and actually post where he got his information cause I'm pretty sure i've seen him post on the PPUSA forum before.

Until then I'm not gettin my hopes up. I've checked all those bands myspaces and no tour date listed. Until proof is delivered I might as well call shenanigans.

http://forum.atlantametal.net/viewtopic.php?t=3379

The Masquerade says a lot of stuff about shows that are coming through before they even get true confirmation on it. For instance, it seems like that Firewind show that was suppose to happen in December (according to the Masquerade) is currently TBA after they had already given local support tickets for it. Shenanigans till I see it from one of the bands.

The Masquerade says a lot of stuff about shows that are coming through before they even get true confirmation on it. For instance, it seems like that Firewind show that was suppose to happen in December is currently TBA after they had already given local support tickets for it. Shenanigans till I see it from one of the bands.

Nope, not shenanigans.
That show had been booked, but then cancelled.

He does this with a lot of shows -- of the top of my head, the upcoming Baroness tour date was announced there before the announcement, that Tyr/Alestorm tour date was announced before the press release, etc. The only time he has been "wrong" in the entire time he has been posting there was when he straight up said "I've been contacted, would you guys be interested" and then the tour falls through. But in that case there is no confirmation.

This is legit.

like I said until I see it on a band page - all official and what not, I won't get my hopes up. I'm not saying its not true, I'm just saying after the Firewind scenario I'd rather wait to get an actual press release from a band or label before I jump up and down anymore and be a complete Devy fanboy.

yeah I know, I'm stubborn.