Between the Buried and Me/Cynic/DEVIN TOWNSEND/Scale the Summit US Tour

Wow... I will be there for Cynic and for Scale The Summit. I will have to catch up for BTBAM and Devin Towsend.

The Masquerade says a lot of stuff about shows that are coming through before they even get true confirmation on it. For instance, it seems like that Firewind show that was suppose to happen in December (according to the Masquerade) is currently TBA after they had already given local support tickets for it. Shenanigans till I see it from one of the bands.

That doesn't mean a Firewind tour wasn't going to happen though...

This is another mentality I'll never understand. People need to use their brains and think. This tour is happening. Booking agents usually set a specific date to announce tours which is why it's not "official," but if a venue lets the date slip, it doesn't make it illegitimate. The reason why agents set a specific date to announce tours is exactly why there was a Firewind problem. There was apparently a tour being booked, the venue announced their date early, and for whatever reason the tour was cancelled/moved/whatever. However, to say it was never to happen just because it was in the works and never made it into fruition is just plain ignorant.

That doesn't mean a Firewind tour wasn't going to happen though...

This is another mentality I'll never understand. People need to use their brains and think. This tour is happening. Booking agents usually set a specific date to announce tours which is why it's not "official," but if a venue lets the date slip, it doesn't make it illegitimate. The reason why agents set a specific date to announce tours is exactly why there was a Firewind problem. There was apparently a tour being booked, the venue announced their date early, and for whatever reason the tour was cancelled/moved/whatever. However, to say it was never to happen just because it was in the works and never made it into fruition is just plain ignorant.

I didn't say the tour was cancelled, I said the show was TBA.

see?
it seems like that Firewind show that was suppose to happen in December (according to the Masquerade) is currently TBA

so...my mentality isn't anything like what you described. k thanks.

This should be awesome. Hope there's a local date, I'll definitely go for Devin & Cynic.

But I have to admit - I've paid close to no attention to BTBAM since I saw half of their set at Ozzfest the year they played. Heard good things about them, but the songs I heard never really grabbed me. So, I have no idea how big they are these days...

To my point - are they really big enough to be headlining over Cynic & Devin? I understand neither of them may be particular giants in the scene nowadays either, just seems odd to me. Especially considering that this'll be his first tour back, seems weird that Devin is the second band on the bill. Personally I'd rather Devy be headlining, but if it makes sense then it makes sense. I am by no means bashing BTBAM, before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm being honest and saying that I've had absolutely no interest in following them, so I've got no real idea of the following they have aside from forum buzz in a few places.

This should be awesome. Hope there's a local date, I'll definitely go for Devin & Cynic.

But I have to admit - I've paid close to no attention to BTBAM since I saw half of their set at Ozzfest the year they played. Heard good things about them, but the songs I heard never really grabbed me. So, I have no idea how big they are these days...

To my point - are they really big enough to be headlining over Cynic & Devin? I understand neither of them may be particular giants in the scene nowadays either, just seems odd to me. Especially considering that this'll be his first tour back, seems weird that Devin is the second band on the bill. Personally I'd rather Devy be headlining, but if it makes sense then it makes sense. I am by no means bashing BTBAM, before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm being honest and saying that I've had absolutely no interest in following them, so I've got no real idea of the following they have aside from forum buzz in a few places.

Absolutely.
The last time I saw them was back in April. It wasn't a real "tour" -- just 4 or 5 shows before they went into the studio. They took out their friend's bands. No name bands that aren't even in the same genre, and I haven't heard the names since. They sold about 450 tickets on a Thursday night. No other band on this tour can do that.

This is one badass lineup. Won't be able to go to Atlanta for this. I sure hope this is legit and expands. Right now it's not on any of the bands' websites.

Colors sold 20,000 units in one week. Traced In Air sold like 6,000 in 2-3 months and Ki sold like 1,500 in the first week. So yes, they are.

I didn't say the tour was cancelled, I said the show was TBA.

see?

so...my mentality isn't anything like what you described. k thanks.

I didn't say it was canceled either. I said canceled or moved, whichever actually ended up happening. Your mentality is exactly what I described, you just changed around the circumstances, but it has nothing to do with the point I made. The idea of calling "shenanigans" on a tour or saying "until it's actually on the band's site, I don't believe it" is plain ignorant. 99.9% of the time when a venue announces it, or lets it slip prematurely, it's legit. Let's get with the times, plox. ;):Smokin:

easily bigger in sales currently than Devin and Cynic.

their new album drops october 27th and be sure to watch for first week numbers landing it in the Top 50 or higher of Billboard.

First week sales for last album
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - "Colors" 12,600 (#57)

i believe one of their albums has topped 90,000 in sales and i am sure all the others are over 50K each if not more.

they are substantially bigger, actually. not even close.

This is an awesome tour except for the headliners. Since they're from NC, I'm hoping there will be a Raleigh date.

If you've never given BTBAM a real chance, definitely do it. I'd recommend starting at their latest and working backwards, including their covers album. If you don't like growls, it will be hard to get into them, but musically they are extremely intense.

I didn't say it was canceled either. I said canceled or moved, whichever actually ended up happening. Your mentality is exactly what I described, you just changed around the circumstances, but it has nothing to do with the point I made. The idea of calling "shenanigans" on a tour or saying "until it's actually on the band's site, I don't believe it" is plain ignorant. 99.9% of the time when a venue announces it, or lets it slip prematurely, it's legit. Let's get with the times, plox. ;):Smokin:

yes, but what you don't know is that Gus G. let me know - and by proxy PatrickHoyt - that Firewind never agreed to be booked on the Leaves Eyes/Atrocity U.S. tour. So the booking agent who 'sold' the Leaves Eyes/Firewind/Atrocity tour to the Masquerade in effect lied to the venue and the fans before the tour was finalized with the bands.

So in this particular case, saying "until it's actually on the band's site, I don't believe it" is NOT ignorant. It's a rule I generally live by.

If you've never given BTBAM a real chance, definitely do it. I'd recommend starting at their latest and working backwards, including their covers album. If you don't like growls, it will be hard to get into them, but musically they are extremely intense.

I've heard these guys on and off for a few years now. I just can't get into them. It's not the vocals, as I listen to a lot of death metal. I don't like their songwriting. Nothing they do is memorable to me. They're just not my personal preference.

yes, but what you don't know is that Gus G. let me know - and by proxy PatrickHoyt - that Firewind never agreed to be booked on the Leaves Eyes/Atrocity U.S. tour. So the booking agent who 'sold' the Leaves Eyes/Firewind/Atrocity tour to the Masquerade in effect lied to the venue and the fans before the tour was finalized with the bands.

So in this particular case, saying "until it's actually on the band's site, I don't believe it" is NOT ignorant. It's a rule I generally live by.

At this point, it's really pointless to continue this pissing contest! Let's keep on the subject at hand.

the fest happening in ATL with Aska, TTD, Ravage, etc.

I'm sorry sir, do you mean Pathfinder Metalfest...:saint: oh a grand thing indeed.

At this point, it's really pointless to continue this pissing contest! Let's keep on the subject at hand.

tr00

though you should know from my perspective...it really didn't seem like a pissing contest. Guess I just have that way with words and all... :eek: