Between the Buried and Me/Cynic/DEVIN TOWNSEND/Scale the Summit US Tour

Kinda...I mean, it's all built in the fee... You take all the travel costs and divide up between all the promoters... It's not like the band will specify to the promoter "10% is for travel, 20% to pay for the crew, 10% for the driver"... you just pay a flat fee and the band covers all the costs, that way no promoter is paying for an unfair amount...

You never left the country because your band(s) isn't big enough to cover all the costs of international travel (you can't charge local promoters enough to pay all the international travel)...

Wow,:OMG: you really have no idea what you are tallking about do you?

Sumerian/The Faceless had to pay $15,000 to buy onto that Meshuggah tour. At least, that's how much that spot on the tour was at one point. That money goes to Meshuggah and their rider, BUT after a while The Faceless gets big enough that they get paid to tour and don't have to worry about buyons. I am pretty sure that for example, they got a decent guarantee for the Atheist tour and so fourth. All tours have different terms. Some tours don't require buyons at all.

As for AngraFan, even the bigger metal bands don't get free international travel for touring. They have to pay for that shit and hope the venues give them a good enough guarantee (and don't get me started on European booking... it's even more of a circus than it is here. Many bands buy onto tours AND are forced to cover travel expenses and they don't see a dime. Bands in the US get it lucky!) to offset those flight costs. Touring is way more expensive than people think, but the mentality is that if you keep at it long enough it pays off (which it does!).

ok the link finally loaded for me. Can anyone get a valid source on if this tour is actually happening. Or if GameFreac could come in here and actually post where he got his information cause I'm pretty sure i've seen him post on the PPUSA forum before.

Until then I'm not gettin my hopes up. I've checked all those bands myspaces and no tour date listed. Until proof is delivered I might as well call shenanigans.

It came from the Atlanta Metal Forum. The masq representative posts tours there before they're "officially" announced.

And I will fucking be there. This tour is so amazing. My favorite albums that actually weren't from 2009 but didn't get into this year were Cynic - Traced in Air and BTBAM - Colors. And now it's a tour. :kickass:

Sumerian/The Faceless had to pay $15,000 to buy onto that Meshuggah tour. At least, that's how much that spot on the tour was at one point. That money goes to Meshuggah and their rider, BUT after a while The Faceless gets big enough that they get paid to tour and don't have to worry about buyons. I am pretty sure that for example, they got a decent guarantee for the Atheist tour and so fourth. All tours have different terms. Some tours don't require buyons at all.

As for AngraFan, even the bigger metal bands don't get free international travel for touring. They have to pay for that shit and hope the venues give them a good enough guarantee (and don't get me started on European booking... it's even more of a circus than it is here. Many bands buy onto tours AND are forced to cover travel expenses and they don't see a dime. Bands in the US get it lucky!) to offset those flight costs. Touring is way more expensive than people think, but the mentality is that if you keep at it long enough it pays off (which it does!).
ro bands come here all the time (take the bands that play PPUSA) and that get poor turnouts all over the country. So I think Tribunal concerns are valid there.

You all misunderstood me. All I am saying is that all the costs are taken into account before the tour, including international travel. If they can sell enough shows to offset all the costs, they will do the tour. So yeah, in theory the band is paying for the costs... But it's all being "split up between every promoter"... It's the promoter's money that is paying for it after all.

You all misunderstood me. All I am saying is that all the costs are taken into account before the tour, including international travel. If they can sell enough shows to offset all the costs, they will do the tour. So yeah, in theory the band is paying for the costs... But it's all being "split up between every promoter"... It's the promoter's money that is paying for it after all.

i understood what you were saying, but it's a pretty substantial amount of money for ANY band to put up in advance to tour overseas where you are not completely 100% in control of things. it's a risk that some bands are willing to take personally and other bands have labels that front the money and take the risk for them.

we were told how much money we would make per show and also and budget of what would be expected of us to cover for the tour itself (bus, driver, etc etc). we would have come home with some money, but the risk was far too much for me.

i understood what you were saying, but it's a pretty substantial amount of money for ANY band to put up in advance to tour overseas where you are not completely 100% in control of things. it's a risk that some bands are willing to take personally and other bands have labels that front the money and take the risk for them.

we were told how much money we would make per show and also and budget of what would be expected of us to cover for the tour itself (bus, driver, etc etc). we would have come home with some money, but the risk was far too much for me.

The bigger the band, the more in control they are... and the airfare money becomes less substantial... But I see your point.

That local show at the Masquerade has now been moved to Jan. 2nd, according to a friend in one of the bands, so it's looking more and more like this is a Done Deal.

:kickass: :headbang:

Fuck I better not be in Florida.

And according to lambgoat:

1/9 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
1/11 Houston, TX @ Meridian
1/22 Louisville, KY @ Headliners
1/25 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's Downunder
1/28 Boston, MA @ House Of Blues
1/31 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
2/1 Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
2/6 Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore

Haven't been to the House of Blues yet. Perfect chance to check it out, REALLY want to see this. I'd probably even be able to pull off catching the train & not having to pay for parking if I left before the end of BTBAM...

Two days before Epica. January's packed, but this has quickly risen on the list of priorities. Should be awesome if the date's legit.

Haven't been to the House of Blues yet. Perfect chance to check it out, REALLY want to see this. I'd probably even be able to pull off catching the train & not having to pay for parking if I left before the end of BTBAM...

Two days before Epica. January's packed, but this has quickly risen on the list of priorities. Should be awesome if the date's legit.

You will NOT leave before the end of BTBAM. And that's an order.

Aaaaand the complete tour dates are out.

WE are kicking off a full North American headlining tour this coming January. Produced by Live Nation and presented by Killer Tours, the winter whirl will uncork on January 8, 2010 in Nashville, TN and feature support from
CYNIC, DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, and SCALE THE SUMMIT

Charlotte NC pre sales begin on Wednesday, October 28 at 10:00 AM EDT (password: "misdirect").

All all other sales will begin October 30 through November 1 depending on the city...

Ticketmaster and Ticket Web venues can be found HERE.

North American "The Great Misdirect" headlining tour:
(All dates include support from Cynic, Devin Townsend Project and Scale the Summit)

January 8 Nashville, TN Rocketown
January 9 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade
January 10 New Orleans, LA House of Blues
January 11 Houston, TX Meridian
January 12 Dallas, TX The Prophet Bar (Big room)
January 13 San Antonio, TX The White Rabbit
January 15 Tempe, AZ The Clubhouse
January 16 San Diego, CA House of Blues
January 17 West Hollywood, CA House of Blues
January 18 San Francisco, CA Slim’s
January 20 Denver, CO Cervantes
January 22 Louisville, KY Headliners Music Hall
January 23 Detroit, MI Magic Stick
January 24 Chicago, IL House of Blues
January 25 Cleveland, OH Peabody’s Downunder
January 26 Toronto, ON Opera House
January 27 Montreal, QC Club Soda
January 28 Boston, MA House of Blues
January 29 Clifton Park, NY Northern Lights
January 30 New York, NY The Fillmore @ Irving Plaza
January 31 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero
February 1 Baltimore, MD Sonar
February 3 St. Petersburg, FL State Theatre
February 6 Charlotte, NC The Fillmore

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=5137567&blogId=516133989

Thank GOD this is coming to the west coast.

Friday, January 29
Northern Lights
6:30pm * 7:30pm * 16+
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME
with special guests:
Cynic * Devin Townsend * Scale the Summit
Tickets $16 adv/$18 door on sale at all Ticketmaster locations,
the club box office and Deja Vu
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: